Quantcast

Anyone here living in Madison, WI...

itsreal

Chimp
Nov 4, 2011
My dad lives there - I'll send him a link! I'm sure your friend will show up soon! It's a tough game finding a missing person!

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2011
...and possibly know the scoop on this story:

Police seek help in missing man case

Matt Graves, the missing person in this story, is an old friend of mine. Hearing 'not so good rumors', but nothing confirmed in the media.
I know his mom and I know that the rumors you heard are true. It is so sad...not only did I go to hs with him and was best friends with his brother, their mom ended up being my boss for a few years. Since we still work at the same place I rec'd the following emails:

MONDAY NOVEMBER 7: I regret to inform the campus community that Suzanne Garhart's oldest son, Matthew Graves, is missing and presumed dead by his own hand after a life long debilitating illness. Suzanne is currently an academic advisor in Individual Studies and Continuing Education.

Those in the campus community who wish to reach out to Suzanne are invited to stop by the Interfaith Prayer Room (CTR 220) on Tuesday, November 8, between the hours of 10:30 - 12:00 to visit and support her in this time of need.

Then I rec'd this one today:
Suzanne’s son, Matthew’s, service will be held at the Shaker Road-Loudonville Fire Department (550 Albany Shaker Rd Loudonville, NY) on this Saturday, November 12th at 4pm, reception to follow. The entrance to the banquet hall is at the back of the building. Donations can be made on Matthew’s behalf to the Wilson’s Disease Association (Wilson Disease Association (WDA) International).

She also sent me a personal email that I am not comfortable sharing all, but she has full reason to believe he is gone. I may not be in wisconsin, but here in upstate NY we are in shock and deeply saddened.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I know his mom and I know that the rumors you heard are true. It is so sad...not only did I go to hs with him and was best friends with his brother, their mom ended up being my boss for a few years. Since we still work at the same place I rec'd the following emails:

MONDAY NOVEMBER 7: I regret to inform the campus community that Suzanne Garhart's oldest son, Matthew Graves, is missing and presumed dead by his own hand after a life long debilitating illness. Suzanne is currently an academic advisor in Individual Studies and Continuing Education.

Those in the campus community who wish to reach out to Suzanne are invited to stop by the Interfaith Prayer Room (CTR 220) on Tuesday, November 8, between the hours of 10:30 - 12:00 to visit and support her in this time of need.

Then I rec'd this one today:
Suzanne’s son, Matthew’s, service will be held at the Shaker Road-Loudonville Fire Department (550 Albany Shaker Rd Loudonville, NY) on this Saturday, November 12th at 4pm, reception to follow. The entrance to the banquet hall is at the back of the building. Donations can be made on Matthew’s behalf to the Wilson’s Disease Association (Wilson Disease Association (WDA) International).

She also sent me a personal email that I am not comfortable sharing all, but she has full reason to believe he is gone. I may not be in wisconsin, but here in upstate NY we are in shock and deeply saddened.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news.
Thanks for this info- had heard rumors of this a week ago, just didn't want to say anything. Matt was a super nice kid - really into the punk/hc scene here in Albany and used to come to see my band/call into my radio show quite a bit back in the 90's.

I will be attending the service on Saturday.