Quantcast

anyone here play airsoft?

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
I have one just like that (several actualy) but they shoot .223's and .308's..... I dont get it...Is it just like paintball, with more realism in the equipment venue? Are they gas powered or spring? Will everyone get pissed at folks like chicodude when the parental groups start trying to mandate the toys away?

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
What you need to do is get a hold of an AR-15 with a 9mm conversion kit and/or some 9mm handguns. Then buy some simuntion rounds. A lot of them. That's some good fun right there. We did that at my Security Forces school. We tooled on the instructors, but somehow when we got hit we were "dead", but you could shoot them multiple times and they stayed "alive." It also didn't help that the instructor who was a ref shot us in the back a lot. And he wouldn't let us fall back and flank when we were pinned down. When we tryed he shot us.

But anyways, if you want realism without getting actually shot. Simunition is the way to go.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
yea thats what we use to do all the time in the "hidden" Draco Industries warehouse
now i'm not allowed there anymore, not cool enough or something( :) John) j/k

now i have 2 fully auto Uzis that i'd love to use there.

the military surplus store i work for can order them. so i have about 30,000 pellets.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
chicodude01 said:
Real looking toy guns that shoot hard lil' plastic pellets. they can either be powered by a spring, compressed gas, or an electric motor.
what's the point?

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Honestly, It beats the hell outta me. I ask the same thing to paintballers.

Woohoo, WAR GAMES!!!!!!!!!! I hear the game that uses the real guns is more fun..........

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
chicodude01 said:
Honestly, It beats the hell outta me. I ask the same thing to paintballers.

Woohoo, WAR GAMES!!!!!!!!!! I hear the game that uses the real guns is more fun..........
I guess I can't complain, I play FPS WWII computer games all the time.