Quantcast

Anyone here rides in Norther Vermont?

BigJay

Chimp
Aug 11, 2004
Montreal, Qc, Canada
I just came back from a day hike in the stowe region and saw tons and tons of hiking and XC trails on the map i bought.

I was wondering if anyone rides there?

Also, anyone been riding up near Jay Peak in Montogommery?

BigJay

Chimp
Aug 11, 2004
Montreal, Qc, Canada
Yeah, i know about the kingdom trails... i've never been there but will explore some day!

Hopefully next week or something like that...

But i'm looking for info around stowe and Jay area

Highlander

Chimp
Mar 12, 2002
Berkshires
For ALL the 411 on the huge Stowe network...talk to the Boys at Irie Cycles.
They are working hard to legalize allot of trail. There is an awesome legal network behind the shop...the other area's are misty.......
Stowe/Waterbury is my Favorite place to ride...local knowledge is key.

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
I used to train (run/ski) up at Stowe when skiing for UVM, and there is a plethora of trails to ride. Although I didn't ride up there at the time, the trails seemed awesome for biking. I am fairly certain the last 10minutes of pushing the bike up to Mt.Mansfield will be worth it as well.

For legalized trails, have a look at the Catamount Family Center. It's not huge, but the trails are good.

JerseyDave

monkey wrestler
Apr 9, 2002
Stowe, VT
Riding on Mt. Mansfield is illegal. The map you have is garbage if your looking for real MTBing. The Stowe MTB club is working hard to create legal riding in town. Right now, 95% of the riding is on private land and no map exsists. 100% of the good riding is on private land and the only way to find it is to go to Irie Cycles and ask about hooking up with a group, or head out back and explore. They are solely responsible for creating and maintaining singletrack in town, all the other bike shops are pretty much clothing store tourist traps with bikes in the window.