Quantcast

Anyone here still on a Canfield Jedi?

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I know the Canfield brothers aren't doing anything anymore with their bikes, but since the Jedi has always been on my DH-bike-I've-always-wanted list, I figure I might as well find a 2017 model (their last) for 2020. Geo looks modern enough and comparable to say, a Norco HSP, and my beat up parts from my Intense 951 Evo will swap right over, except for a seat post and a quick revalve on my Woodie shock.

The Norco HSP looks awesome in person but it has a funky shock size and would require a different rear hub.

Any feedback from current Jedi owners?

kotajack

Chimp
Feb 25, 2004
Mass
I have one and I love it.
I want to try out some other bikes just because there are so many awesome bikes out there, one being the Norco HSP but my Jedi is so good I don't want to give up.

Even though Canfield seems to be MIA, every time I have ever had a question either Vin back in the day or more recent Sean has gotten back to me within a day. Awesome dealing with them!!!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i wouldn't say this is an entirely accurate statement, but they've been on radio silence for a while.
If there's one thing I know, it's that bike manufacturers that fall off the radar like this always come back swinging with wildly successful projects.

Anyone seen my silencer?

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
Chris Canfield just won US Masters on his '17 Jedi with a 29er wheel up front. I'd say it is still relevant enough if you want to give it a go. I have had 3 different Jedi iterations in the past and they were all very fun and confidence inspiring.

Kingston

Chimp
Dec 5, 2022
Would you say the Canfield Jedi from 2017 still has pretty modern geometry for its time? Also, you think it could work as a super enduro bike? Thinking bout maybe getting one.

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
Would you say the Canfield Jedi from 2017 still has pretty modern geometry for its time? Also, you think it could work as a super enduro bike? Thinking bout maybe getting one.
Works great as a mullet. Definitely size up to feel more modern.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Went together easy. Lacking some fork bumpers, otherwise good to go. Might get some laps in before everything local is snowed in yet.

Looking at BB height (352mm) and HA (63), I think it will take a 27.5 rear wheel. Going to get a few full 29 rides in first.

small.jpg