Quantcast

Anyone hitting Snake this weekend?

smedford

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
Bellingham, WA
David, you will go this time, and you will have fun. Ill try to get a few other people to go so I am not the only one looking all timid on the big drops as Allen and Guntruck rip off them like nothing.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
smedford said:
David, you wil go this time, and you will have fun. Ill try to get a few other people to go so I am not the only one looking all timid on the big drops as Allen and Guntruck rip off them like nothing.
Haha, yeah right, I probably won't do any of the drops... though I might want to test out my Jr. T on a worthy trail. I'll see if my friend wants to go, he hasnt had a bike to actually ride for about a year but he just bought a RM9 and I think he'll want to go test it out there. Could you give us rides?

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
Yeah, Im down for sure! , The top is real overgrown so be prepared for a 20mph cornfield run...haha. I got my hardtail all ready , should be a :nuts: :thumb:

1pm is good..see you all there, David, show up and I will bring a PC69 and my chainbreaker.

bigshred

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Bellingham
I hear that Allen and Guntruck dude launch off everything! those guys are nuts. Wait till you see em' hit the big stump drops- it should be interesting.

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
I think you are referring to the time the Sasquatch hit me in the head with a large rock, then rode off on my bike and off the big stumpdrop...other riders down below just thought it was me since I kinda look like one :D

Joel is the guy up on the Snake that maybe you are thinking about, he pretty much owns that trail. I do good just to get down it in one piece. :thumb:

smedford

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Allen, thanks for the diabolus stem today, I will be there at 1pm. Dwaugh, I cant fit two bikes in my car, I will see if Stinky-blast can give you a ride.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
I'll be there with my friend, we'll get a ride there, no one needs to worry about us getting rides there anymore. Did I just score a free chain? :p :D
Oh, AA_Freeze, bring that 3.0 tire so my friend can see it again. See ya there at 1:00. :)

smedford

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Thanks for the ride, that was the most fun I have had in a long time, I got to break in my new bike right. You guys are smooth, making everything look so easy.

Dwaugh I am glad you made it this time, It looked like you had a lot of fun, hopefully your friend is not to sore from that spill. He had a nice hit on that last step jump thing, that should make him feel a lot better.

Allen, Drew, and Dave, thanks for being patient, you were great guides.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
smedford said:
Dwaugh I am glad you made it this time, It looked like you had a lot of fun, hopefully your friend is not to sore from that spill. He had a nice hit on that last step jump thing, that should make him feel a lot better.
Yeah, it was fun alright, I'll go again sometime. Yeah, my friend is fine, just a bit sore. His RM name is neilan11. PM me your phone number so I can show you my woods soon, maybe tomorrow night or morning.

Guntruck

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
Mill Creek, WA
smedford said:
Allen, Drew, and Dave, thanks for being patient, you were great guides.
Hey, you were the one doing most of the uphill pedaling so it works both ways!
:)

It was a fun ride for sure, I need to get up there more often. Good riding with you guys.

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
ya, that was a lot of fun, good times...wish I could pedal like Jason did...lol. I am feeling well now after my 4th beer...the hardtail was fun, next time I will hit that stepdown. That new section is way better than last time I was up there, it was so ghetto before, they did a nice job on the finish work :thumb:

That was one of the biggest groups I have ridden with in a while, it moved pretty fast, thanks for showing everyone, we should get together next weekend for another.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Y'all should come with me to Hemlock instead... I'm getting tired of all my riding buddies bailing on me. I have the weekend off through, so it may be an overnighter somewhere, Whistler, or perhaps Hemlock. Any takers?

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
erikkellison said:
Y'all should come with me to Hemlock instead... I'm getting tired of all my riding buddies bailing on me. I have the weekend off through, so it may be an overnighter somewhere, Whistler, or perhaps Hemlock. Any takers?

Can I ride it on a hardtail...haha, I might be down for next weekend, I finally am getting some time off work..no more 70 hour work weeks.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Well, you can ride it on a hardtail, but I've shied away from inviting my HT buddies because the style of riding caters to a fully. It's very fast and bumpy, not at all smooth like whistler.