Quantcast

Anyone in Asheville area want to ride on Sunday March 16th?

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I'll be in Arden NC next weekend for a bachelor party at my buddy's parents mountain house. It's a 9 hour drive for me so I'm going to bring my bike to hopefully get at least a day of riding in. I'm familiar with a few trails in the area, Black mountain, pilot rock, farlow gap, mostly trails in the ranger district and brevard but I haven't been riding in NC in about 5 years. I was hoping there might be someone that would want to do a ride that day, I'd be up for anything from 2-4 hours. And if there isn't anyone riding, a suggestion for what trails to hit would be good, some kind of big loop that would be easy to navigate for an out of towner.

Thanks

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I'd ride with you just to laugh about the old days, but still on house arrest with the bum knee. :thumb:
Thanks Butch, you'll be there in spirit. I think I'm going to do the tried and true park at the horse stables - climb the service road - bennett gap - back to the horse stables - climb the fire road behind the stable - black mountain - then back to the stables. I've done it many times so I shouldn't get lost.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Be sure to climb back up Grassy Rd at the end of Black Mtn and ride the outer loop of Sycamore Cove. No matter how tired you are, it's always worth finishing on. Have done delirious and still glad I didn't skip it...but that's just me. :D

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Ended up riding Bent Creek last Saturday, it was only 6 miles from my buddies house and the weather was phenomenal. It's easy to forget how much vert you can get in NC, we ended up only riding about 16 miles and did over 3600' vertical feet. And is it just me or is Green's Lick a lot more rough than it used to be? I told my buddy before we dropped in that "it's so smooth you can ride a BMX bike down it." I was eating my words 10 mins later, still a fantastic trail regardless...