Quantcast

Anyone in here ride in Maine

Dtrain

Chimp
Apr 12, 2004
Maine
I am from Maine and I am trying to find new places to ride as the number of places I have riden on over the year are being taken over by roads and housing developments. I am from Portland and I know about the powerlines and prides corner in Westbrooke and Windham. I know the local small spots in Portland but looking for more in the area. Anyone know of any good group rides? I know Allspeed has one but any others doing group rides?
Thanks
Dylan

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Yo,
This thread slipped by me until now. I haven't ridden Portland area trails for a couple years. You most likely know better than I what trails are still around. Have you hit everything listed here --> http://www.realitytimes.com/mtbtrail.html
Bradbury was mentioned, good if you want to drive north of Portland. If you can drive south to Biddeford, Clifford Park is being revived. Sorry I can't help more with stuff in Portland. I live midcoast now, that's where I'm most familiar with
Jason

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
i spend the summers in maine (no im not a tourist), my mom lives there, i fing theres lots of good road riding around harpswell, and all the long litttle finger towns.

Jan 15, 2002
Suburban MA, USA
There really aren't all that many organized places to ride in ME besides the Portland area. There is Mt Agamenticus in York. We spend the weekends in Bethel, ME and this year with Sunday River dead, we'll be doing mainly road riding or heading to the Kingdom Trails in VT or North Conway NH.

-Couch

MaineDHrider

Chimp
May 10, 2004
Maine
I live in Southern Maine (South Berwick)

Not much where I live but I take trips up to SugarLoaf every once in a while with a friend of mine.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Call my cohorts at Evil Bikes and e.thirteen. The office is on Preble street in Portland, right near the big new market. They ride every day.

Dave

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
PM bansheerider over on mtbr. i know he's from somewhere in maine. not sure where though. check out bustedspoke.com, it's a new england forum.

this is a long shot here, but i used to know a kid named dylan from maine who rode bikes sometimes, but i can't remember his last name. do/did you go to culinary school in NY by any chance?

Chaz

jeremy

Chimp
Jun 24, 2004
Yeah mate....evil bikes guy here and me and some of my buds, MTB & BMX ride all the time,. I am a big street and park bum so if you see some dude getting jiggy on and evil (sovereign proto) just hollar and we'll hit it. 2 other fellas in the office love the single track, so don't hesitate to stop it or call.
98 preble st. 207-772-3132
Jeremy

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Hey, just saw this thread, I'm in the bangor area, about 3 hours from you, we have some awesome trails up this way, including stunts and hucks, if your ever up this way and want to ride then drop me a PM, im sure i could get a group of regulars together for a ride, what type of riding do you do? if its either cross country or freeride the trails here are defenitly a blast and worth the trip.

Walt Kodiak

Chimp
Aug 18, 2004
Hi, I'm writing a story on the Mt. Washington Auto Road Bike Hillclimb for Foster's Daily Democrat in Dover, NH, and I wanted to talk to any riders from Eliot, Kittery, York, Berwick, North Berwick or South Berwick who are going up to race in it.
Call me at 603-742-4455 Ext. 5513 if you're interested in being profiled,

Mike