Quantcast

Anyone interested in DJ/Slopestyle Prophet?

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
has he been trying to sell that thing forever or what? i've seen tons of threads where that bike is mentioned as being for sale. looks really sick..probably a VERY fun bike.

pHeller

Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
I ride a medium Prophet, and its just big enough that I can ride comfortably with the seat-post fully extended, but just small enough I can drop the seat and hit some jumps.

I really want to drop the Lefty though. Its plenty strong, but it feels weird in the air, manually (or attempting to) and other more aggressive things.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
yeah i was going to build him up a double for this coming season then i saw this pop up and it is basically exactly what he needs.

GR is a good dude...worked everything out great. I have actually seen this color scheme on his dh bike laying around at diablo a few years back, looks 10x better in person

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
awesome, glad I could help out.

He's riding a Pro's bike!
right on... Manhattans little bro's ride like pro's when they are on the riding kick! They drink like pro's when they are on the drinking kick :rofl::clapping: Here's to ridin new bikes :cheers:

can't wait to kill it this year! less dig, less ride, less roadtripit! :monkeydance:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
bump my brother is now givin er on Georges ride...i finally got photoshop and an internet connection so here are some pics for the board if you care...

Just thought i would post a few pics of this on the forum...

So fresh...we did some stuff to make it his own...very nice and aprox 33 lbs

its a custom day

pHeller

Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
How does it feel?

I'll be setting mine up practically the same way, so I'm sorta interested in how a team bike rides.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
It rides really well, my brother comes from a heavy bmx background so he likes his bikes very small and tight. I have ridden it a bit just manualling around and what not and it is snappy.

Might be a handful in the rough stuff but he doesn’t care...

'Team' bike is probably not relevant, all of the stuff on the bike is production except for the color of the wheels. One thing that has impressed me is the weight, and his parts spec isn’t so light...there is def room to lighten it up if need be.

pHeller

Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Zokes 4X, XT cranks, etc would probably be a start.

My Prophet was overwhelmed by the DH runs at Diablo, just not enough travel, and the Lefty, while a great AM setup, is not suited for that kind of abuse.

Watch the area right in front of the of pivot point on the swingarm, many owners are seeing cracks in those areas.

Get some jump pics when you get a chance.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
yeah he really doesnt care that much about the wieight and it is at a good spot. College kid man...

My brother is coming off of a DOC hardtail so i think anything will be a pretty good enhancement he was riding diablo a bunch last year on the hardtail.

he is basically a 'slopestyle' type rider, jumps alot and isnt much into DH rocks