Quantcast

Anyone intrested in WHISTLER

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
I'll be going if i get a 5.0... :dead:

Stupid gifted and talented education :angry:

I recently sold a bike, so I allready have plane tickets and stuff payed for, just gotta raise the grades to go to the camp.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
downhillzeypher said:
Yeah it's for old folks too. It says 13 to adult on the whislter site...
It looks like there is only one week available for us old dudes....

July 18-25 (youth only, 13-18 yrs)
July 25 - Aug 1 (youth only, 13-18 yrs)
Aug 1-8 (youth only 13-18 yrs)
Aug 8-15 (adults only, age 19+)
http://ww1.whistlerblackcomb.com/bike/camps/gravity.asp

Any other over 18ers here want to do this? I am seriously thinking I am going to do what I can to make this happen for me. Maybe we can get a group together to go. Thanks for posting this Zephyr, this is a great idea.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Ciaran said:
It looks like there is only one week available for us old dudes....

July 18-25 (youth only, 13-18 yrs)
July 25 - Aug 1 (youth only, 13-18 yrs)
Aug 1-8 (youth only 13-18 yrs)
Aug 8-15 (adults only, age 19+)
http://ww1.whistlerblackcomb.com/bike/camps/gravity.asp

Any other over 18ers here want to do this? I am seriously thinking I am going to do what I can to make this happen for me. Maybe we can get a group together to go. Thanks for posting this Zephyr, this is a great idea.
Hey no problem. But uhh I'm 17 this month so I'm gonna be @ the kiddie camp lol. I'm stoked about going! I just hope I'll progress enough to where by this summer, I'll be ready for some real riding.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I'm defnitely going...screw a camp...I'm just going ot ride for a week...my wife is from Victoria BC...so I'm just going to slide over for a week visit:D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BMXman said:
I'm defnitely going...screw a camp...I'm just going ot ride for a week...my wife is from Victoria BC...so I'm just going to slide over for a week visit:D
I could use the help and instruction.

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
Ciaran said:
I could use the help and instruction.
I had five friends go to the camp for summer 2004 and all of them said it was worth every penny. They are all going back again this year. The way I look at it is for the cost of the camp, which includes hotel/2meals a day/lift tickets and instruction from Shandro and Dave(who are awesome guys by the way) it actually works out cheaper than it would to buy it all yourself. In addition you get to avoid the lift line and go straight up in the line specifically for people in the camp. They also make a video of you while your there and send you a dvd copy.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Heres what I think, You can get there and camp for free for 2 weeks, unless your a hotel bitch, then ride the mountain for as long as you want, you could also explor other places, do some stuff off of the mountains, cook your own food every night and make a lot of food for your meals. and if you drive up you can hit a million places. Thats what we might do this summer or the next!

Stab Primo

Chimp
Oct 17, 2004
Capistrano Beach in the OC
merrrrjig said:
and if you drive up you can hit a million places. Thats what we might do this summer or the next!
Hell ya, we should take my trailer with the bunk beds we welded in there. Big pimpin. Put a big tv in there, ps2, and a portable generator. It would be sick

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
merrrrjig said:
Heres what I think, You can get there and camp for free for 2 weeks, unless your a hotel bitch, then ride the mountain for as long as you want, you could also explor other places, do some stuff off of the mountains, cook your own food every night and make a lot of food for your meals. and if you drive up you can hit a million places. Thats what we might do this summer or the next!
Strictly ghetto. Really, thats the way i would wanna do it, but it wont be happening anytime soon.