Quantcast

Anyone know any good trails near Asheville in WNC?

rlph

Chimp
Mar 27, 2008
I am going down to visit a buddy of mine in Asheville North Carolina besides tsali. I wanted to know if there are any good trails, I've heard tsali is good but are there any others anyone has done done there that were nice.

rlph

Chimp
Mar 27, 2008
My buddy said it was near there. How far is it. I'd like to do downhill but my friend said he liked tasli so i thought i would try that one and try to find downhill.

Sep 1, 2007
16 powers st BKLN NY
Windrock in Oliver Springs , TN (just outside Knoxville) is about a 2 hour drive from Asheville and is the closest true DH trail system in the area.

There is (was?) also a 4x course just 20 minutes up the road.

Tsali is a good singletrack trail system, but it will definitely more of an epic XC ride.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Anything in Pisgah National Forest as long as you're willing to climb. As far as DH near Asheville, dudeman is right, windrock is the closest you're gonna get without some local knowledge.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
yeh man tsali is a good hour to two hours outside of asheville. ohh and for the closest dh your gonna have to head to windrock man everything else requires a push.

rlph

Chimp
Mar 27, 2008
I'll definately check out wind rock, i'm not so sure on tsali anymore. After driving 6 hours to get to Asheville i doubt im going to want to drive 2 more.

Dude, Tsali is a xc ride and has no technical features at all. Do searches on Pisgah National Forest and take any ride/trail you can handle. There are some tough climbs and hike a bikes, but they are worth the work.

They have maps at Sycamore Cycles in Brevard, NC and you can check out www.mtbikewnc.com for info too. Buy a map so that we don't have to come rescue you - a lot of these trails are remote and the forest is huge.

Hit Windrock on the weekend and hook up with the locals for a guided tour. Have fun.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'm in Asheville. What kind of bike and travel are you bringing? You buddy is an XC guy if Tsali is the trail he offers you. It's 2 hours away...just a bunch of rolling hills. Bent Creek is here and even if you push up you'll get more elevation gain than at Tsali.

What kind of bike and how many hours each day will you have to ride? That will help.