Quantcast

Anyone know anything about snakes?

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
So I went for a hike after work today and just as I was returning to the trailhead I noticed a snake - and I don't like snakes. I almost stepped on the thing. After I jumped back, I noticed that it wasn't really "doing anything" and was just barley moving. This thing looked just like a rattlesnake to me, but it didn't have any rattles (I made sure that I looked for those!). It blended very well with the color of the dirt and was about 3 to 3-1/2 ft. long.

Any ideas as to what kind of snake this was? This around the Simi Valley, CA area if that helps.....

Just curious.....

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
garter snakes are little bitches. one time we were out riding and my buddy who is terrified of snakes saw a garter and was convinced it was a rattler and wouldnt move. it took the damn snake leaving the trail to get him to keep riding

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
I know they have rattle snakes without rattles (if that makes any sense) on Catalina Island but I've never heard of them being anywhere else. Usually you can tell if a snake is venomous by the shape of their head, kinda arrow head shaped, but not always. Sometimes the rattles can fall off or be pulled of by some other brave critter. Who know what the hell you saw... ;)

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Changleen said:
"Oh, There's one right between me legs!"
I remember that one when Steve came up to Virginia and started messing with a den of timber rattlers. It was the most scared I've ever seen him.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
manhattanprjkt83 said:
jeb4's encounter:

jeb4's new riding partners:

HAHAHAHA!! Pretty accurate!!

After looking at these pics, I'm pretty sure it was a bull snake.....looks similar to a rattlesnake alright...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've had a few rattlers park themselves in the middle of a trail in front of me. Usually if they don't move it is because the cold blooded bitches are too cold to care. I usually just get a really really long stick and push them out of the way if there is no room to go around.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I remember when I almost got bit by a timber rattler, that is up there on my scary moments. Needless to say the property we owned where that happenend was sold pretty soon afterward.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
i almost steppd on a rattlesnake a couple weeks ago... luckily they have rattles and he let me know what was up. Only problem was that i was blazing my own trail and everywhere i looked seemed to chance a hidden rattler waiting to have its go at a man sized meal