Quantcast

Anyone know anything about the DK Xeina?

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
I came across this bike by DK called the Xeina. Apart from the pedals, which I know for a fact are complete crap and are likely to rip your shins to bits and the so-so fork, the bike looks like it could be a good bike. I can't really tell, because I can't find any specs on it. Check it out -->http://www.dkbicycles.com/bikes/bikes.html

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
dk makes decent stuff,, theyve been around for years.. i dont think you can go wrong with it..

steel frame, avid bb5, bolt on axles, sun rhino lyte xl's, krad's, single speed, 3 pc cranks... if you can find one, get it.. looks to be an awesome deal.

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
never mind, the pedals are so-so and the fork's pretty good (if you're wondering about what I mean by pretty good, here are my ratings:
Ball sucking, terrible, really bad, bad, pretty bad, not-so-good, so-so, okay, not bad, pretty good, good, great, awesome, kickass!)

I'm actually going out of town to see my aunt this friday, and there's a DK dealer there. I might be able to test ride, see how it is, see the price. I found out it sells for 650 MSRP.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
Why complain about pedals? They are all made by Wellgo (for the most part) anyhow, use them replace them with another $19 set after they wear out... The DK is a pretty good complete depends on what price you can snag one for..

VSBJake

Chimp
Jul 21, 2006
NoVa
We have one in our shop; It's a super fun bike! Only thing I'd replace is the fork and maybe the handlebar.

EricMcFlow

Monkey
Jul 9, 2005
Chicago
For the money its a great bike,ok so my buddy designed it. The pedals are not that bad. But, see if the shop has the DK Distortion pedals. They are my hands down favorite pedals right now.

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
Just wondering. It does look pretty nice, I'd definately take Avid BB5 over the Hayes MX2 on a P.1 Cr-Mo, but dirt jam pros, they suspend, but rather slopily. They're fat and too plushy. For 600, I'd rather take a P.1 Cr-Mo (stiffer fork and bash guard) or a P. Street (heavy, but two brakes and a bash guard), but I still haven't called the bike shop in Winston Salem. The only thing I don't like about that bike is the lack of bash guard. While the frame looks like it would be better for some trials basics, if I land on the crank. And there doesn't seem to be a place to attach a bash guard to. I like those tires, though!

I've had a bad experience with DK pedals, but they were the sh**y cross ones.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
this whole time ive had a bash guard on my dj/urban bike,,, ive never used it.. i dont do sprocket stalls or grinds. doubt you will need it unless you want to do the stalls/grinds.

cm78704

Chimp
Aug 1, 2006
I have a DK Xenia. Rode bmx trails in the late 90's. This bike got me back into it after wrist injuries. It rules.

gozags15

Chimp
Jun 12, 2006
Oxford, Ohio
I've been on a Xenia for about a month now. It's a pretty sweet bike for a former bmxer. It's not a trials bike in the least, even if you put a longer stem on. It's a great street bike. I haven't dj'd on it yet, still looking for a trails spot after my move.

Overall the bike is pretty smooth, tough, and I think it's pretty sweet looking.

As for the Dirt Jam Pro, it does what it's supposed to do. Keep you on the bike when you f*** up a landing. Throw enough air in it and it's stiff enough not to suck up energy on run ups, but still plush enough for rough landings.

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
I bought a used Trek bruiser setup for less than half of the price of Xenia. I've got a singlespeed setup with bashguard, both brakes, and an 03 DJ2. It's sweet!