Quantcast

anyone know how to drop a Fox 36 Talas?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
drop, no, reduce travel i can do.
it has a air cartridge i could not get into.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
is there really any advantage to limiting the travel without the change in Axle to crown?
no, you need to reduce axle to crown.

i think it takes special tools.

i am thinking about making some.

it is a need that needs to be filled IMO.

call push and see if they will do it.

roamingoregon

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Wilsonville
All you need is a lock on grip with the rubber peeled off. I screwed up the Talas feature when I did it but don't care..

Remove the lowers, remove the internals.

Remove the "rods"

Insert your "cut to length" lock on grip with no more "grip" so it's just a plastic spacer. Install onto the left rod (I if I remember right.) Re-install rod- it should prevent the rod from extending out as far as before- thereby reducing allowed travel and lovering axle to crown as well.

Put everything back together and ride. I've had mine like this for awhile and no trouble so far...

good luck.

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
my buddy just took out his talas internals and threw in float ones, makes the drop much more simple. And you still have functional talas guts if you want to revert

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
the float internals are the way to go but sometimes barspins are not going to pass with too short of an a2c. Here is my modified Float and lowered Talas.

the Talas is lower but that is not on purpose (needs a rebuild)

May 23, 2007
Stamford, CT
All you need is a lock on grip with the rubber peeled off. I screwed up the Talas feature when I did it but don't care..

Remove the lowers, remove the internals.

Remove the "rods"

Insert your "cut to length" lock on grip with no more "grip" so it's just a plastic spacer. Install onto the left rod (I if I remember right.) Re-install rod- it should prevent the rod from extending out as far as before- thereby reducing allowed travel and lovering axle to crown as well.

Put everything back together and ride. I've had mine like this for awhile and no trouble so far...

good luck.

sounds complicated.... i might just keep it at 100. i mean shiiii t last time i worked on a fork was when i opened up my brother RST and when i put it back together it would barely even compress. :poster_oops:

im not good at suspension internals.

But thanks anyways!