Quantcast

Anyone know if RockShox publishes take apart instructions/diagrams for rear shocks?

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
My 2002 Pro Deluxe is making a funny squishing sound and I am currently so poor I can't even pay for service on it. I think I could probaby get it back in shape but don't want to open it up without some sort of idea what I might be facing.

Thanks

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rear shocks are usually charged with high pressure nitrogen. Taking them apart usually would cause explosive discharge of oil and no way of getting it back in. Not a DIY project.

I do not but its definitely opening a can of worms.......
Just call the Hippy (hippytechsuspension),tell him your poor and that Loo sent ya and he'll hook you up best as can be.

I say that b\c if you don't know what you're facing its gonna be an uphill battle to fix it.
I'm a monkey with wrenches ,how about you?

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Westy said:
Rear shocks are usually charged with high pressure nitrogen. Taking them apart usually would cause explosive discharge of oil and no way of getting it back in. Not a DIY project.
I agree with that. I'm sure there isn't any instructions from Rock Shox that would tell you how to work on a rear shock; they wouldn't want the liability of someone taking a rear shock apart.

Taking apart a rear shock is like working on your car's airbags...something that is not a "do it yourself project."

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Tenchiro said:
My 2002 Pro Deluxe is making a funny squishing sound and I am currently so poor I can't even pay for service on it. I think I could probaby get it back in shape but don't want to open it up without some sort of idea what I might be facing.

Thanks
The old read Sids were user serviceable, the old Deluxe models were not. Sorry.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Tenchiro said:

Thanks
There is nothing you can do to fix your shock. Sorry. However you may qualify for a few upgrade programs. If you have a friend that works at a shop you could bother him to do you a favor?? Call Cane Creek is a good sugestion....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
jdcamb said:
There is nothing you can do to fix your shock. Sorry. However you may qualify for a few upgrade programs. If you have a friend that works at a shop you could bother him to do you a favor?? Call Cane Creek is a good sugestion....
Yep - they have a top of the line upgrade program for $225 if they're still running it. Cane Creek Cloud-9 if you send in your old and $225. My CC has been running fairly strong and I moved it over from my old bike to the new one. I've got about 6 years total on it, I think.