Quantcast

Anyone know much about Aristotle and Machiavelli? please help

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
I have to write an 1500 word essay for humanities. Basically I'm supposed to be John Kerry.Bush has been voted out thank god. I have to come up with what I;m going to do about the war on terror and on Iraq. I have to show what advice I used from my two different advisors, one is a Machiavellian the other believes in Aristotles veiws.

My question is what do you think a Machiavellian would do about Iraq and the war on terror and the same for a Aristotilian?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hm.. No offense, but has it occured to you to do some research rather than relying on RM to pass your various classes?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Wow, read aristotles nicomanchean ethics (you can get it free online) and then read anything about machievelli.

I am sure you were supposed to do this in the first place.

quadricolour

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Cambria, CA
Aristotle was a very, very old man who played in the band Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. He was known for powerful motivational speech, saying things like
"You´re a shining star, no matter who you are
Shining bright to see what you can truly be
That you can truly be"

I think Machiavelli had something to do with Tupac.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
machiavelli's philosophy was to smoke weed, balance on poles for days, and renounce all violence. make sure to include that in your paper

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Toshi said:
machiavelli's philosophy was to smoke weed, balance on poles for days, and renounce all violence. make sure to include that in your paper
Ahhhaaahahaha.

Dude, everyone knows Machiavelli was a shrooms man.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
LOL great help. Yes it is true I am sooo lazy. I actaully know about machiavelli, was just hoping for some extra thought. However everything about Aristotle is more confusing. Thats from this stupid text book but I'll look online like you said Transcend.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Oh good god I did a google search for "aristotles nicomanchean ethics" sooooo much to read. Well I guess I;m going to fail.

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
"The Prince" should sum up what Machievelli would do, and do a little research on Aristotle and everything should be quite clear.

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Aristotelis was the mentor of Alexander the great, i guess his tuitions made Alexander a better man. Also Aristotelis was a student of Socrates... so a lot of wisdom there ;)

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
JMAC said:
LOL great help. Yes it is true I am sooo lazy.
:nopity:

Me too. Which is why I'm not doing any research for a paper I don't have to write.

Hey, my bike needs some maintenance done. Can some Monkeys come over and do it for me? I just don't feel like doing it myself.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
math2014 said:
Aristotelis was the mentor of Alexander the great, i guess his tuitions made Alexander a better man. Also Aristotelis was a student of Socrates... so a lot of wisdom there ;)
Actaully Aristotle was a student of Plato not Socrates but they had different believes by the time Plato died. So I guess I'll have to find some more info.
Thanks anyway

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Batman said:
"The Prince" should sum up what Machievelli would do, and do a little research on Aristotle and everything should be quite clear.
He also wrote a book called "The Republic" Which is probably more applicable. If Kerry was acting on the Prince for advice, interesting sh*t would go down and we'd all need some :help: