Quantcast

Anyone know to get a CO general contractor's license??

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
11,007
149
The Cleft of Venus
In La, the state licenses commercial and residential contractors.

However, in Colorado, the state does not and leaves it up to the counties I think. How does one obtain a license from the county and is it transferable from county to county?
 

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
3,430
0
Charlotte, NC
hahahaha.... N8 is going to move closer to a lot of Monkies in Denver. It was all fun & games when he was the only 1 that lived in Arkansas
 

SkaredShtles

I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!
Sep 21, 2003
49,362
3,268
In a van.... down by the river
N8 said:
In La, the state licenses commercial and residential contractors.

However, in Colorado, the state does not and leaves it up to the counties I think. How does one obtain a license from the county and is it transferable from county to county?
:sneaky: I have noooooo idea. :D
 

SkaredShtles

I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!
Sep 21, 2003
49,362
3,268
In a van.... down by the river
caputo1989 said:
Colorado Is full right now come back later.
Bah. 4.3 million people in the whole state. Chickenfeed. Hell, I think NYC has 8 million, no?

Lotsa room left out here in the Wild West.

Although there's LOTS more in Utah, Wyoming, and Montana than here.
 

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
11,007
149
The Cleft of Venus
Never mind... I figured it out.

I have a the inside track on a good job at COSprings.... that combined with building a few houses per year would be most excellent.

CO has the most screwed up licensing laws... all I can say is that contractors have a literal license to steal out there. At least in 'backwards' La, you have to be licenced by the state via an exam and you have to have liability insurance and workman's comp. So CO counties require an exam and insurance but a lot do not.
 

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
2,577
0
Colorado Springs
If you have this job are you going to be moving out here? Whereabouts in CSprings? Naturally I expect we'll go riding if you move out here or come to CSprings. :D
 

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
11,007
149
The Cleft of Venus
COmtbiker12 said:
If you have this job are you going to be moving out here? Whereabouts in CSprings? Naturally I expect we'll go riding if you move out here or come to CSprings. :D

Peterson AFB althought there is a nice job open at the AF Academy I'd be qualified for too...
 

SkaredShtles

I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!
Sep 21, 2003
49,362
3,268
In a van.... down by the river
N8 said:
<snip>
CO has the most screwed up licensing laws... all I can say is that contractors have a literal license to steal out there. At least in 'backwards' La, you have to be licenced by the state via an exam and you have to have liability insurance and workman's comp. So CO counties require an exam and insurance but a lot do not.
Dude - it's the wild west out here. :thumb:
 

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
2,577
0
Colorado Springs
partsbara when are you coming out to the springs? I know you had that post on the COBoard a while ago...


N8, I'm about a 5minute drive east of USAFA on the otherside of I25.
 

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
3,996
0
getting Xtreme !
COmtbiker12 said:
Sweet. Any idea where you're moving in CSprings? Aren't you in the military?
some top secret gov't cave located deep underground... ;)

seriously... i have no idea yet... my missus is in the killing machine... sorry, i mean freedom expeditionary force...
 

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
2,577
0
Colorado Springs
partsbara said:
some top secret gov't cave located deep underground... ;)

seriously... i have no idea yet... my missus is in the killing machine... sorry, i mean freedom expeditionary force...
:p Well be sure to post it up when you find out.
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
36,954
3,779
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
There's three or four years of your life you'll never get back. :dead: :dead: :dead:

Retire before you have to go to OH, man.
I pretty much told him that I wouldn't consider 'nati as an option. The problem is unlike everyone else I work with who works hard to keep themselves relevant I do a damn good job of obsoleting myself. The company likes that but I have reached a point where I need to move on to the next project and there isn't anything for me to do in Va. The opportunities lie in So Cal, Northern Ohio or Southern Ohio. None of them are anything I'd consider. I'm looking for other work in Charlottesville but haven't come up with anything good yet. I'm up for taking a pay cut I just want to find a job with very flexible hours so I can enjoy life a little more.
 

SkaredShtles

I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!
Sep 21, 2003
49,362
3,268
In a van.... down by the river
Westy said:
I pretty much told him that I wouldn't consider 'nati as an option. The problem is unlike everyone else I work with who works hard to keep themselves relevant I do a damn good job of obsoleting myself. <snip> I'm up for taking a pay cut I just want to find a job with very flexible hours so I can enjoy life a little more.
Didn't you say you were in Project Management?
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
36,954
3,779
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
Didn't you say you were in Project Management?

Well I was supposed to be a project manager on a 6 month assignment with a Salesdude and 2 engineers working for me. They ended up firing the salesdude and neve hiring the 2 engineers so I ended up doing all of it myself. I pretty much finished up everything that required a project manager and they finally hired a salesdude so now I am just doing the work of 2 engineers.
 

stevew

unique white person
Sep 21, 2001
32,101
2,970
N8 said:
... all I can say is that contractors have a literal license to steal out there.
My former employer got screwed out of about 6 figures building her palace in the mountains. It couldn't have happened to a nicer witch.
 

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
7,792
36
Japan
partsbara said:
some top secret gov't cave located deep underground... ;)

seriously... i have no idea yet... my missus is in the killing machine... sorry, i mean freedom expeditionary force...
If I come and visit ya we'll have to look up N8. We can have a tea party. :thumb:
 

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
148
0
Andyman_1970 said:
Ssssssshhhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone about our trails..........it's a well kept secret.......... :thumb:

I was from AR.........not N8...........he was living here when I met him.....we dated for awhile and then I moved down here when we got married.


AR does have some great trails..........I miss it.