Quantcast

Anyone know where I can get a super 8?

freeridermtb4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Ive been wanting a santa cruz super 8 forever and I just want to buy one thats it good condition anyone know where i can get one? ive seen one on ebay

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
why, you'll never find parts for it and the shock ratio was terrible.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
I agree with the guys above. But if you insist on getting one I have a friend selling one with an avy and a shiver if you are interested. Bike is in great shape never ridden hard.

freeridermtb4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
haha i didnt know they were that bad, ive been using a bullit for a while and it hasnt given me a problem, and my friend has a v 10 so i thought maybe the super 8 would be a good frame to try

DHZombie

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
Leesburg, VA
freeridermtb4 said:
haha i didnt know they were that bad, ive been using a bullit for a while and it hasnt given me a problem, and my friend has a v 10 so i thought maybe the super 8 would be a good frame to try
I have to agree with all of the NEGATIVE post's so far.

I bought a used Super 8 (stupid me :nuts: ) earlier this summer, and after one weekend at Snowshoe, I found two symmetrical cracks directly above the shock shuttle mounting bolts. I later found out that this was a common design flaw in the swingarm.

If I were you, I would STEER CLEAR of the Super 8. Also, don't let anyone tell you that you can simply have the swingarm welded if it cracks. That kind of person has no concept of the material properties of heat treated aluminum after TIG welding (accident waiting to happen).

GOOD LUCK !!!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
freeridermtb4 said:
Ive been wanting a santa cruz super 8 forever and I just want to buy one thats it good condition anyone know where i can get one? ive seen one on ebay
I would wait till the new light weight 06 Iron Horse Kumicho race frame comes out. It is a single piviot and will be much better than an old used Super 8. I cracked 2 swing arms on my old Super 8 in my 2002 season.

Zia Monkey

Chimp
Nov 12, 2004
Do any of you know what frame I could fit a converted Super 8 hub to fit? I have a nice S8 rear wheel that I'm not sure what to do with.