Quantcast

Anyone know where this is?

FatalExposure

Monkey
Sep 2, 2005
cove rider said:
the most know area and talked about. WHICH IS WHY ITS BEING SHUT DOWN!!!
The North Bend Ranger District is incredibly adept at squashing any type of activity that involves anything more than getting out of your car and stepping 10 feet off any paved or improved surfaces. From climbing (Infinite Bliss on Mt Garfield is due to be chopped, Mt Si is banned to climbing for raptor nesting, AND other climbing projects). Road closures resticting access to an incredible area of the Cascades(Middle Fork road gated at Dingford Creek, to anything off of Garcia Road (shooting areas permanently closed), to hydrology studies of kayaking the middle fork river, to closing mountain bike trail rides (Taylor River/Middle Fork trail), to destroying freeride stunts (exit 38-end of Mt Si road).

However, some people still have mineral rights to dig into the mountains, rights to build roads, rights to build super houses, rights to kill mountain lions, rights to use a naturally occurring hot springs for profit. Go figure. Mountain biking is one of the persecuted activities in North Bend ranger district. Cle Elum is much more supportive of all types of activities.

I won't even ask where the trail is. I'd probably just hurt my liver. Cool video though!

Aug 11, 2005
Wenatchee, WA
I know, it's a shame that our sport has to be like that. It really needs a revolution to hit. Like it did in B.C. So many trails, that the only way to control them is to shut down the whole mountain. BUT...That takes people actually building trails, not just riding them. It is nice when you become known as a trail builder, because people seem to want to share there work with you also, and it becomes a trail swap scenario. So if anything, there is a little incintive for those who don't build to pick up a shovel.

roundnround

Chimp
Aug 9, 2005
FatalExposure said:
The North Bend Ranger District is incredibly adept at squashing any type of activity that involves anything more than getting out of your car and stepping 10 feet off any paved or improved surfaces. (blah blah rant rant rant rant)
The NBRD has known about the trail in that video for TWO YEARS and it's still there, isn't it?

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
ya its still there and ever expanding for that matter, but its still good not to be telling everybody where it is cause then it spreads and turns into a story like 38

roundnround

Chimp
Aug 9, 2005
cove rider said:
ya its still there and ever expanding for that matter, but its still good not to be telling everybody where it is cause then it spreads and turns into a story like 38
Sure. I'm just sayin, the FS isn't all evil. They're trying to balance while people are pulling them in different directions. The best thing you can do is keep the trial quiet and put it where hikers won't find it & complain about it.

Aug 11, 2005
Wenatchee, WA
Well.....good question. There should be at least 4 videos coming out this spring with him in them. One was supposed to be out this june, but they had some issue. That was 9to5 by Gammalight pictures. Then, Clean Cut films is working on another Local Yokels with mike in it. Also, Bjorn Not INGA, but Bjorn who did the decent movies is coming out with a new film with Mike in it. AND.....Ryan Denehy has been shooting 16mil 8mil and digital of mets....NO Word if or when he is coming out with another film, last one was "the New Deal" it had metz, and I can guarantee if he does a sequal Metz will be in it also. SO, there is four that I know of. Before it snows, I (fride swag) am going to try to hook up with him and get as much footage as I can and make my own little vid, but it proabably wont be that long. SO, be on the lookout for those vids.