Quantcast

Anyone missing a ASX in norcal?

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
That bike has NEVER been riden! You can tell, there are NO foot marks on the cranks, no oil on the stantions of the fork, the rear derailure is in PREFECT condition, its like they took it from a shop. The electric tape on the swingarm is not even KNICKED!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
ThePriceSeliger said:
That bike has NEVER been riden! You can tell, there are NO foot marks on the cranks, no oil on the stantions of the fork, the rear derailure is in PREFECT condition, its like they took it from a shop. The electric tape on the swingarm is not even KNICKED!
look @ the chain guide :stosh:

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
seems like a good price if it's not stolen. never heard of those wheels before, anyone else?

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Something is up with that. I wouldn't think someone would be stupid enough to post a stolen bike on the Web. I have a feeling, seeing that there is a lot of typos and grammar errors, the price is probably a typo. Maybe he has trying to type $1700 or perhaps even $2700. Who knows for sure, but something is not right with this...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
blt2ride said:
Something is up with that. I wouldn't think someone would be stupid enough to post a stolen bike on the Web. I have a feeling, seeing that there is a lot of typos and grammar errors, the price is probably a typo. Maybe he has trying to type $1700 or perhaps even $2700. Who knows for sure, but something is not right with this...
You just listed everything typical of a thief. Stupid, illiterate...and in need of very little cash for their efforts! That ad has stolen written all over it...

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
bizutch said:
You just listed everything typical of a thief. Stupid, illiterate...and in need of very little cash for their efforts! That ad has stolen written all over it...
Good point. Anyone who would buy this bike for $700 is no better than the guy who stole it...

In addition, if someone did buy this complete bike for $700, they would also risk being arrested for receiving stolen property. Just because you "paid for it" doesn't mean that you're in the clear if you're caught with it. Any resonable person would have known that this bike is hot...

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
Good call guys.
Just to see what this guy has to say about the bike I sent him an email saying I was interested.
Here is his reply:

Hi
My name is Paul Giles and i live in London Uk.The last price for this bike is only 700 usd.
The item is new ,it hasn't been dropped or crashed, the farame hasn't any defects.

Here is how I want to go about delivery and payment for the product which will be through Chronopost International and will also give you the chance to inspect the product before I receive the payment for it.
I will explain to you step by step how this will work.
A. First you have to send me your shipping information (your name and address).
1. After I receive your shipping info, I'll go to a Chronopost International Location and leave the product onto your name and with your address as the intended receiver.
2. Chronopost will check the product, also the legal papers to see that everything is OK with it.
B. You will receive a notification from Chronopost as a confirmation that the product is in their custody and also, that the product has been tested.
1.Chronopost International will verify the Money Transfer, and if everything is in order, they will deliver the product to your door step.
2. After you will receive the product and you will be complete! ly satisfied with it, you will instruct Chronopost to release the payment information to me, so I can collect my money.
C. If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the product, you will return the product to Chronopost with no expense.
I will pay for shipping and you for the amount transfer.
Let me know if we can do this.
Thanks!

I haven't seen this one before, but it sounds a lot like the 'I will send a check to my agent in the states.....' line.
Here is the guys email adddress; opssell02@yahoo.com

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
bizutch said:
holy crap! They're getting even smarter! Reverse wire theft!!!
It takes the same mind to make an honest buck as it does a crooked one. If these guys would put the same effort into making an honest living, they would probably make more money; and they wouldn't have to worry about getting caught...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
similar message:

Hi
My name is Paul Giles and i live in London Uk.The last price for this bike is only 700 usd.
The item is new ,it hasn't been dropped or crashed, the farame hasn't any defects.

Here is how I want to go about delivery and payment for the product which will be through Chronopost International and will also give you the chance to inspect the product before I receive the payment for it.
I will explain to you step by step how this will work.
A. First you have to send me your shipping information (your name and address).
1. After I receive your shipping info, I'll go to a Chronopost International Location and leave the product onto your name and with your address as the intended receiver.
2. Chronopost will check the product, also the legal papers to see that everything is OK with it.
B. You will receive a notification from Chronopost as a confirmation that the product is in their custody and also, that the product has been tested.
1.Chronopost International will verify the Money Transfer, and if everything is in order, they will deliver the product to your door step.
2. After you will receive the product and you will be completely satisfied with it, you will instruct Chronopost to release the payment information to me, so I can collect my money.
C. If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the product, you will return the product to Chronopost with no expense.
I will pay for shipping and you for the amount transfer.
Let me know if we can do this.
Thanks!