Quantcast

Anyone need a 24" beach cruiser?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I got this awesome cruiser at the last San Diego swap meet...candy-red stingray style, 24" wheels with whitewalls, fenders, coaster brake, etc. I cleaned it, repacked the hub and headset, and gave it to my girlfriend.

The GF loved it, but it's just too small for her to really ride comfortably. I've finally convinced her to part with it, because it's just kind of awkward and useless for her to ride...if it's a short enough distance to ride this, she might as well just walk. She's 5'4". If anyone has a really small girlfriend, younger sibling, whatever, who wants it, let me know. You can come by Ocean Beach anytime and pick it up for $20. The rear wheel needs a spot-truing where it clicks against the fender, and the coaster brake is kinda sloppy...but it's a really cool bike.

Let me know if anyone's interested; otherwise, it's going to the local pawn shop.

MD

Edit: If anyone has a lightish, rigid 1 1/8" fork with v-brake mounts, I'd be glad to trade, too...I'm making her never-ridden MTB into a commuter/roadie thing so she can train for the Ensenada-Rosarito ride...