Quantcast

Anyone need a helmet cam?

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
I just got that one for Xmas and love it so far!!!! still learning how to use it and set the lens right so you get the best sight line while riding.

Jan 3, 2008
Canada
That is a unique helmet cam.. I like it.

I got one from onBoard.tv and they are great, very compact -- probably even more so than that one.

Evil Sylvain

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Montreal, QC, Canada
I just got that one for Xmas and love it so far!!!! still learning how to use it and set the lens right so you get the best sight line while riding.
I'm curious to read a report (set-up, battery duration, is a 2Gig card limiting, etc...) and see some first hand videos filmed with this camera as I am planning to buy it.
Thanks.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
That looks like a very nice camera, Just a little dissapointing that for that price, It only comes with 1gig of storage. I think I owuld personally rather a regular digital recorder, with a Lipstick style helmet cam attachment. But I do want to see some footage from someone here who has one before I decide for sure what I want to get

Evil Sylvain

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Montreal, QC, Canada
That looks like a very nice camera, Just a little dissapointing that for that price, It only comes with 1gig of storage.
It comes with a 1gig memory card but you can use a 2gig if you wish. However the firmware currently limits it to 2gig memory cards (for reasons I am not aware of). Still, the firmware can be upgraded so when it's possible to use more than 2gig you can use a greater capacity card after the upgrade. That's really nice IMO. I don't know if there'll be a cost for the firmware upgrade.

According to the link I posted with 2gig you can record up to 1h26min using the highest resolution available. Pretty good.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
It comes with a 1gig memory card but you can use a 2gig if you wish. However the firmware currently limits it to 2gig memory cards (for reasons I am not aware of). Still, the firmware can be upgraded so when it's possible to use more than 2gig you can use a greater capacity card after the upgrade. That's really nice IMO. I don't know if there'll be a cost for the firmware upgrade.

According to the link I posted with 2gig you can record up to 1h26min using the highest resolution available. Pretty good.
We ran into this problem with our camera. We were told we could get upgrades and use a 4GB card and that's simply not the case so we have an expensive card that is useless to us and since we opened the package, can't be returned!