Quantcast

Anyone notice? Yeti 4X available spring '06

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
I was just looking at the yeti web page, and noted that their 4x frame will be available to us mere mortals in the spring. Just in time for us to drop yeti at work!

Daver

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
Shiddeny
Superdeft said:
Not very practical for anything except pure 4x racing, but a really sexy frame nonetheless.
Would you put your money where your mouth is?

I have one, and it's so much fun riding in the bowl or at the jumps. It's light, and it corners amazingly well- probably the most fun bike you can own. However, unless Yeti have stepped up there build quality and product control, i wouldn't bother with one.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
It'll be different than the "team" version, which is the same as the limited production run that was done a couple years ago, but I believe the geometry, travel, and ride characteristics will be the same.

I was told that it would look a little different, basically to keep costs down some and differentiate them from the limited run, to keep the limited run special and such.

Price to be comparable to other 4X specific bikes on the market, maybe a bit more expensive because it is, after all, a Yeti. And being as such, it's pretty dang pimp.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
dropmachine.com said:
1800 is keeping the cost down?

Wow.
Consider that the limited team run was $2500 retail and sure, that's keeping the cost down. Also consider that a Blur 4X is $1500 for a powdercoat frame and $1750 or so for an anodized frame and that makes the Yeti comparable in price. What's MSRP on an Intense Tracer? Gotta be around there. Turner 5-spot? $1895.

Note that I don't know what the MSRP of the Yeti will be exactly, but $1800 sounds like a pretty good guess, since I was told it would be comparable to what else is out on the market. I ain't telling you, I'm just saying...

Oct 8, 2005
Mexico
Go-ride says it could be used for urban assault. Do you think its reliable to use this bike for urb riding?
Ever since Yeti did a limited run of their "special works" 4X frame, we have been bombarded with requests to make more. While made for the rigors of 4X racing, most riders find this bike is perfect for dirt jumping, urban assault, and trail riding. So, here is our latest 4X frame..................and yes it comes in Yeti Turquoise of course.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
la_cleta said:
Go-ride says it could be used for urban assault. Do you think its reliable to use this bike for urb riding?

Guys have done it, Whacka did when he rode for yet, Zink and Vories have on the SC 4x, Shaums did on the Chumba 4x bike. It can be done, it'd just going to cost ya alot more if ya toast the frame.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
hellonasty said:
***Thread jack

A bit off topic, who is ''Wacker'', I tought it was Kovarick's nick name.

**Back to topic

whoops yeah that is Kovorick's nic....I ment Whacka who is Dave McLaughlin.

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
I have been told by Yeti that the frame will be interchangeable with the limited run. I want a long front trangle for my 4x and they said I will have to wait for the new production run to get one. I was told the front triangle will be made here and the rear will be welded overseas. On that note, does anybody have a long version and want a short?? Frame # is 76 and is in very good condition with a scratch on the top tube????

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
The frame might seem expensive,but take a look at the complete bike.$2750 (minus some store credit we offer) is pretty good for a race ready bike.
We will be selling the frame with the DJ kit on it which should work out to be a sweet play/4X bike.
E-13 guide,325 mavics, RF parts, Pike fork adjustable down to balance out the travel.I'm not a RS guy but i've been reading all over the place that the Pike is actually a really good fork.

The frame has ASX main tubes and a DH head tube.The rear is pretty damn beef too.They are reccomending it for dj and skate park riding and it should hold up fine.If urban means jumping over hand rails to flat then crashing into traffic then natrually a crmo ht would be better.

As for the RP3 air shock,it's just a standard shock with an air can on it.The air can is user serviceable and a whole seal kit is like $10! Really easy to service,no tools required! Pump it up and use the 3 position pro pedal for stiffening up the rear for jumping,gate starts,etc.Run it softer for playin around on jumpy dh trails and whatnot.

I've had a tazer,a Mini Disco Karp,and a Zig Zag,i can't deal with hard tails so for me this is a sweet street/playbike at a lower price then i've seen before for a quality product.

Daver

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
Shiddeny
stoney98 said:
Wow. That's alot. I think iyou might be the first person I've heard bash the quality of Yeti's work...
No, i know i'm not alone. Basically, my frame is covered with cracks in the cleacoat at just about every point which has movement (pivots etc). The hardware that Yeti supplied was wrong (we had to machine up some to get the frame to work). I've seen the same problems on ASR's too. Apart from that the frame is perfect.