Quantcast

Anyone noticed this place seems a little calmer?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I guess with some of the recent changes, the attitude is looking up in here. Im digging it.:)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Same here. I'm actually a lot more inclined to read threads when there aren't 67 useless replies in the first five minutes to sort through. Not to mention the useless threads themselves.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
N8 said:
It's nice, however, we still need AssHat Fridays.
Obviously :p

It's always fun when you get a rash of dumbass entertaining threads... as long as they go away and everything goes back to normal for the majority of the time.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
N8 said:
It's nice, however, we still need AssHat Fridays.

I think there is still plenty of quality asshatery on a daily basis, just without the uneeded stress and drama. Westy likes.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
What was the source of the change? A recent banning? Sorry, I didn't get the memo.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I like it soooo much better now. I think 99.9% of the problem was one single poster.

The others were just caught up in his dramas... be nice to see some of them back in a month or so.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
so justsomeguy got a vacation, he's been on my ignore list for months.
Is the stinky one on vacation as well? Even though he's a bit inflamatory, I still like 'em.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
It is funny how one person could push the buttons of another enough to get him banned! For as long as I have been on the monkey people have been begging for a certain monkey to leave, and it wasn't until the new rules were in effect that that person got a little time out!

I like the changes, and I like the quality responses! the lounge is again a good place to hang out in. There isn't an e-pissing contest ever 2 posts anymore!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Zark said:
so justsomeguy got a vacation, he's been on my ignore list for months.
Is the stinky one on vacation as well? Even though he's a bit inflamatory, I still like 'em.
AFAIK Loco, Stinky and JSG got a time out. Personally I find that aside from JSG, it's other peoples comments that needed to be banned, not Loco or Stinkyboy. Loco makes one post then 10 people post asshat comments and he defends himself. For that he gets banned. If you ask me, anyone who has ever posted "Loco Sucks" needs to be banned.

JSG is on my ignore list so he doesn't bother me.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
brungeman said:
It is funny how one person could push the buttons of another enough to get him banned! For as long as I have been on the monkey people have been begging for a certain monkey to leave, and it wasn't until the new rules were in effect that that person got a little time out!

I like the changes, and I like the quality responses! the lounge is again a good place to hang out in. There isn't an e-pissing contest ever 2 posts anymore!
I bet I can pee higher on a wall than you can. :blah:

The sentiment is indeed correct though. The lounge is really a fun place to be again, and it's much more enjoyable without being set upon by jackals when you comment on something or post something. :thumb: Awesome RM!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Ciaran said:
AFAIK Loco, Stinky and JSG got a time out. Personally I find that aside from JSG, it's other peoples comments that needed to be banned, not Loco or Stinkyboy. Loco makes one post then 10 people post asshat comments and he defends himself. For that he gets banned. If you ask me, anyone who has ever posted "Loco Sucks" needs to be banned.

JSG is on my ignore list so he doesn't bother me.
Uh, I gave Loco the benefit of the doubt. I am not one to start chanting stuff because the crowd does it.

I remember I wrote something disagreeing with Loco, and he called me a c**t. Maybe it was just a word and I shouldn't be sensitive, but his asinine and argumentative stance was impossible to deal with, and that is what came through every time we interacted.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
notice that he's gone and things are a lot nicer, like when he was laid off on not on the pc everyday... ahhh... those were the days.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It has been quite nice. I have tried not to be an ass in public and use PM to voice objections, but sometimes people can push harder than I.

Nice to know things are a little more friendly around here. I thought it was just me.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
BurlyShirley said:
I guess with some of the recent changes, the attitude is looking up in here. Im digging it.:)
It's a little boring though - I mean, I replied to your tomato thread because I thought I was on gardenweb.com or something :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Mackie said:
It's a little boring though - I mean, I replied to your tomato thread because I thought I was on gardenweb.com or something :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.
If you ever leave the lounge there's actually a lot of great MTB talk on here :p

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Ridemonkey said:
If you ever leave the lounge there's actually a lot of great MTB talk on here :p
I was kidding! Please don't ban me!!!:help::rolleyes: :help:
There's good bike stuff here. Beer & food ain't bad either. :oink:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Ridemonkey said:
yeah.
there was a "great MTB chat" just in the past two days in the south.

but now it's gone.

kind of like when a hurricane comes through.
it gathers and stirs up everything in its path, and leaves a calm dead void when it leaves.
not to worry though.
there's always a storm out on the horizon sitting there churning.