Quantcast

Anyone on a 2018+ Norco Range 29er?

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
What do you think?

It's not all boutique-y like SC or Intense...etc, but seems like it has positive reviews all around.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
They've looked nice at all the demo's I've been to, but haven't personally ridden one.

I do know that they don't look as good at the Sight, which comes in rootbeer.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I'll keep an eye out for something on sale. I heard the 2020 models are going to change significantly...I'm betting they're gonna do something with a high-pivot like their DH platform.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I had a 2016 27.5 that I freakin loved in terms of descending. The only reason I sold it was the horsey link was in a bad spot and the rear end extended a lot under hard pedal loads. Awesome for grinding up dirt roads because it helped with traction but it hung up a lot pedaling up chunk. It really was tiring on long bumpy singletrack climbs. They dropped the bb, and reduced the antisquat on the new ones. Personally I'd be stoked to have the 27.5 version based on how much I liked the previous one for high speed smashing.

If they really are going to do some high pivot elevated chain bullshit for a trail bike, that's even more reason to buy the current one.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
2DA131D0-8AF4-4FDC-8208-9863ACF76001.jpeg
Here is mine:
I just switched over from the sight. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will try to answer them. I love it and it is about as straight forward as these bike get these days.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
How it is climbing?? I have pain in the ass switchbacks to get up around here. I figure it's similar to other bikes with a 74 deg seat angle.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
How it is climbing?? I have pain in the ass switchbacks to get up around here. I figure it's similar to other bikes with a 74 deg seat angle.
I have a medium with a 160mm fork, so my SA is 74.5 and I do not have a problem with it. The geometry and the whole cockpit feels great both up and down. One thing to note though, the Range has a totally different feel than the Sight. The Range is built to take a beating with a heavier carbon layup, and suspension that is supple and forgiving. The bike is as stiff as any dh bike I have owned and tracks like one, and for downhill, I think the suspension is great. It is soft off the top, supportive in the mid range, and quite progressive at the end. But you are going to feel suspension movement when climbing and pedaling for sure. I am loving it for Pisgah, where you flip the lever on the shock and climb long fire road or gravel climbs and then bomb down steep technical downhills. It does monster truck up technical climbs with great traction though, you just have to expect some give in the bike while doing so.