Quantcast

Anyone on a Chumba F5?

supermoto

Chimp
Apr 20, 2008
Just seeing if anyone on here is riding a Chumba F5... What are your opinions?
Thanks.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
i have an f4 (basically the same thing) that is the greatest bike ever. so much fun, so fast. strongly recommended.

and that f5 above is hot... my f4 is setup very similarly w/ a totem soloair.

supermoto

Chimp
Apr 20, 2008
That's funny my friends F4 is also missing a spoke on the back wheel haha.

F4/F5 with the totem seems like the hot setup. I've only ridden chair lift downhill, but how does it do in the trails/freeride?

supermoto

Chimp
Apr 20, 2008
Finally got it :)

It'll have a single crown... still torn between the Totem or 66. What do you think?

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I rode a F4 for a year, it was a pretty good bike. It really didn't perform bad at anything I threw at it.

It did pedal bad but I am sure that has more to do with the crap ass Romic shic shock that was on it. I did have to borrow a Fox DHX for a race run when I blew the romic, that shock worked much better. Says a lot since the Fox DHX is also a turd.

Nice bikes

supermoto

Chimp
Apr 20, 2008
Gathering some parts... No more white, i promise.

Some questions about the fork, anyone have baseline setup pressures and/or range for the 66 ata? I skimmed through their 'manual' and didn't see much about it. Also enlighten me about the air valve on the left leg, and the par valve... Sorry for being lazy, Thanks.

*Anyone want the dhx coil pictured? 9.5x3.00, 300lb spring, brand new. $380

Last edited:

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
Wow, I'm surprised to see so many with single crown forks. That's cool.

I've always liked that bike (F4/F5), but have not had a chance to ride one on a true DH course. If they are at the Interbike Dirt Demo I'll have to track one down for a lap. I'd guess it is close to a DHR in feel. They seem to have similar geometry and pivot location. Not sure how close the linkage rates are.

Looking forward to some ride reports.

N I C K

Chimp
Jun 12, 2005
Sunapee, NH
Ive got an f4 and nothing but good things to say about it. very stable at high speeds, sucks up just about anything. Overall a really fun bike to ride.

connor

Chimp
Mar 7, 2008
This isn't mine, but a buddy's. Very sick bike

hey it's me..

Sweet bike, pretty light Sub 40lbs with heavy wheels/tubes, coil fork/shock. I have some light wheels I raced on last week, Stans Flow/Hope Pro2/butted spokes, DHF3Cs, no rimstrip. Which probably make it 38ish <Claimed>

Rover Nick

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
How long of TT are you guys getting? Also, what BB heights are you guys getting, is it close to the advertised 14.6?

supermoto

Chimp
Apr 20, 2008
TT is right around 20.125" and i'll measure the BB height once it's all together.

Can you spot the difference?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
no offense intended, but isn't an air shock with that bike a really bad idea? the shock has literally no protection from the frame, gunk gets thrown at it all the time, that shock looks like its gonna get ripped to pieces....

maybe i'm crazy, and my tires are the only ones that grab dirt and rocks and throw em as the tires spin, but I'm guessing you're gonna fubar your shock on that bike. Keep us posted on how it lasts

supermoto

Chimp
Apr 20, 2008
With the marzocchi roco world cup, king headset, and seat clamp it was 10.41lb.

Tmsracing,

Are you Brenden or his friend? I like the new paint. Get a chainguide! :)

Last edited:

supermoto

Chimp
Apr 20, 2008
Still need to put on the front brake. Cables are a little short and chain is a little long...

Last edited:

supermoto

Chimp
Apr 20, 2008
38.36 lbs complete. I need to switch out the rear tire/seat and also try to make some magic with some carbon, to make an lg1 type guard... to lose the bash guard.

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
Supermoto... how did you like the F5 with the Roco Air??? I might be getting one as well and i'm not sure whether to go air or coil...

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
Just got off the phone with Walter at Chumba... There's going to be a white Chumba F5 shipping out today... Oooooooooooooo

Here's what the build looks like...

Frame : 2008 Chumba F5 w/ Fox DHX5
Fork : 2007 Rock Shox Boxxer Race
Rear Shock : Fox DHX5.0
Rear Derailleur : SRAM XO
Shifters : SRAM XO
Crankset : Truvativ Holzefeller 36/Bash
Bottom Bracket : Truvativ Howitzer XR
Cassette : Sram PG950 11-32T
Chain : KMC Z9200 Super Narrow - 2-Tone
Brakes : Hayes Stroker Trail 203mm/160mm
Tires : 2.5 Maxxis Minion DHF 3C/2.35 Maxxis Highroller 60D
Wheels : Azonic Outlaw
Handlebar : Truvativ Holzefeller
Stem : Truvativ Holzefeller
Grips : Lizard Skin Peaty
Pedals : Shimano M737
Saddle : SDG Ti Fly custom RideSFO
Seat Post : Truvativ XR dc

Now, all i need is a headset and a chainguide i think and i'll be set.

Also, future plans are a 11X26 cassette, Deity Dirty Thirty, Sunline Boxxer integrated stem, MRP G2/E13 LG1/Gamut P30, lighter seatpost.