Quantcast

Anyone Own a Volvo XC90?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
My friend has a 2.5T XC90...it hasn't had anything majorly wrong with it, but it had been to the shop several times for rattles and small electrical issues.
Yeah Volvos aren't what they use to be.

Also - Hummer to a Volvo, WTF:busted:

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
How about an Audi Allroad? My friend loves his. It's like a little tank on wheels. His biggest complaint about the vehicle is that the airbag system (which lowers the car at high speed for increased aerodynamics) doesn't have an override for when he's in deeps snow. The speed it lowers at is 50 mph. I asked him why he's going 50 in deep snow and he says, "Because it will." Sounds like a good time to me.

I haven't owned an xc90, but know people who have. Most swear by them. Volvo people love their volvos.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I test drove the C30, really liked it. Base care is priced reasonably but adding a few options made it way over priced.
That's what I noticed. $25k for a semi-luxury sport-compact isn't that bad. Especially considering that the STI is $36k before the mark-up.

But once I added leather, a moon roof, and a few other little things, all of the sudden it was $32.5k. And at that point in time, it's just time to man-up and buy an STI. Get the extra 80hp, adjustable AWD, and room for 4 while you still pull a 13.5s 1/4-mile.

BillT

Monkey
With the XC90, the newer versions with the 6 and 8 cylinder engines are supposed to be a bit more reliable and nicer than 2.5T. As they don't make the All-Road anymore, I would tay away from one unless you can get a CPO version...oh, wait, Audi won't CPO that model so that should tell you something about it.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I saw someone driving around with an XC 90 with a huge set of fog lights, and a massive grill guard. I wanted to kidney punch them. That is all.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I was thinking about the XC 90 but got the 07 X3si - just a more fun car to drive and the engine is super nice. I can without a problem fit two down hill bikes inside the car with the seats down.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the XC90 is one huge beast, based on an old body on frame GMC platform iirc. why not learn from your mistake and get something more reasonable? C30s might be on the small side but a V50 or V70 might do the trick, if you must stay within the Ford motor group...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
the XC90 is one huge beast, based on an old body on frame GMC platform iirc. why not learn from your mistake and get something more reasonable? C30s might be on the small side but a V50 or V70 might do the trick, if you must stay within the Ford motor group...
I really can't imagine ever needing anything bigger than my 850 wagon (now called the V70). You can slide one bike in back with half the back seat up, without taking of wheels or seat, and getting two or three back there with the entire seat down is no problem. It seats 5 comfortably.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Buy a Subaru Legacy GT or Audi A6 Avant 4.2 (or CPO All-Road 4.2). Fvck this "my dick is tiny" SUV bullsh!t.

/thread.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I really can't imagine ever needing anything bigger than my 850 wagon (now called the V70). You can slide one bike in back with half the back seat up, without taking of wheels or seat, and getting two or three back there with the entire seat down is no problem. It seats 5 comfortably.
the sad thing is that these SUVs (at least those sub-suburban sized) don't really hold that much more than station wagons. they just have higher floors and higher seating positions. makes female drivers feel more secure. <-- no joke.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
the sad thing is that these SUVs (at least those sub-suburban sized) don't really hold that much more than station wagons. they just have higher floors and higher seating positions. makes female drivers feel more secure. <-- no joke.
\
Yep. Even the big SUVs don't hold much more than a full-sized wagon ala Volvo, Audi, or Subaru. I got into a pissing match on TCL after people were singing the praises of the Jeep GC SRT8 because it could haul everything, and I pointed out an A6/Legacy can carry just as much stuff inside.

My mom drives a gigantic truck because it makes her feel safe. :disgust1:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle

Fail.

That's just stupid. You can pay extra for a car that gets worse gas milage, handles worse, and isn't any more functional. Awesome.

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
Id reccomend looking into the vw touareg. there very nice and handle like a car and get the saftey features. If your wiener is at a comfortable size you could go for the passat wagon 07 and up. My mom has one and its very quick and even has more cargo space than the touareg.