Quantcast

Anyone own an Acura RDX?

i'm thinkin about throwing down the cash for one. i want a suv type vehicle to haul more stuff (like kids and dogs) that my sedan can't. i like the aesthetics and the turbo AWD. just wondering about opinions about the car from a mountain bikers/outdoors person's perspective.

thanks

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i'm thinkin about throwing down the cash for one. i want a suv type vehicle to haul more stuff (like kids and dogs) that my sedan can't. i like the aesthetics and the turbo AWD. just wondering about opinions about the car from a mountain bikers/outdoors person's perspective.

thanks
great car. my cousin has one and loves it. as much as I hate Hondas, the MDX is a nice car. for some it might be a little small for the price, but it is a "luxury suv." there are plenty of other options that are bigger and less or equal the price of the MDX

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Same size as the CRV. I liked a lot of things about my CRV and plenty of storage and utility. Seats were too small and handling plus breaks were scary. If these things were fixed it in the RDX it could be a good car. I know the CRV has a log of rear leg room so I would think the RDX has that too. I my be too Euro to like SUVs and I am happy to be back in a wagon again.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
you mean an avant?

but seriously folks, he's asking about the RDX, not MDX. I had my eye on one, but the market wasn't flooded enough to get the price down. Only moderately enthusiastic car made by honda, IMO.

alant

Chimp
Oct 11, 2008
I have a 2010 RDX. Great car! I'm very happy with it. Drives smooooth and is a pretty quick car. So far so good.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
great car. my cousin has one and loves it. as much as I hate Hondas, the MDX is a nice car. for some it might be a little small for the price, but it is a "luxury suv." there are plenty of other options that are bigger and less or equal the price of the MDX
What is it that makes you "hate" Hondas?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
What is it that makes you "hate" Hondas?
they all drive like crap IMO. they have a cheap feeling interior, underpowered engines that sound like crap especially when the VTEC kicks in.
and they cant even come up with a original design for a hybrid. their Insight looks damn near identical to the Toyota Prius.

they are making some headway with their hydrogen car that is only being sold in Cali, the FCX Clarity

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
they all drive like crap IMO. they have a cheap feeling interior, underpowered engines that sound like crap especially when the VTEC kicks in.
and they cant even come up with a original design for a hybrid. their Insight looks damn near identical to the Toyota Prius.

they are making some headway with their hydrogen car that is only being sold in Cali, the FCX Clarity
Mine handles like a Ferrari. I put leopard skin fur all over my interior. And my Vtec gets 1000HP at the volume knob! I race cops and win! I am going to buy a lift kit and take my civic 4 wheeling... I have been searching for a gun rack for the back window and when I find one you better watch out as I will gunning for you in your cobalt.....

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
We've had a Honda Accord LX since 2006, it may be boring but it is the most trouble free car I've ever owned. I originally purchased it for myself but gave it to my then fiance so she could get out of a really bad car deal; she loves it. For the money (21,000) I don't think you could buy a better car.