Quantcast

Anyone played with the 2012 RP23?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Has anyone ridden the new RP23 yet?

I am starting to get upgrade-itus lately when it comes to my ASR5. I've done the little bits; wheels, new stoppers, stem, handlebar, seat post, tires, etc.

Years ago I had a Specialized Enduro. Great bike, lots of fun, rode the hell out of it. After Katrina I sent the Fox RL that was on the back to Push, and when it came back it took a great bike to being an amazing bike. So I'd been half considering sending the RP23 on my Yeti back to them, but I don't want to be off the bike right now as this is riding season in Phoenix. Soon summer will be here, and I'll be tanning my whale flesh next to the pool.

If you've played with it, how'd the new one ride? Would it be an upgrade worth the $420 or so?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Has anyone ridden the new RP23 yet?

I am starting to get upgrade-itus lately when it comes to my ASR5. I've done the little bits; wheels, new stoppers, stem, handlebar, seat post, tires, etc.

Years ago I had a Specialized Enduro. Great bike, lots of fun, rode the hell out of it. After Katrina I sent the Fox RL that was on the back to Push, and when it came back it took a great bike to being an amazing bike. So I'd been half considering sending the RP23 on my Yeti back to them, but I don't want to be off the bike right now as this is riding season in Phoenix. Soon summer will be here, and I'll be tanning my whale flesh next to the pool.

If you've played with it, how'd the new one ride? Would it be an upgrade worth the $420 or so?
I believe that the shock on your bike is valved for your Yeti and in order to get a new shock for your bike you may have to order it through Yeti. Just buy a service kit and keep what you got going good, maximize what you currnetly have. The ASR5 has a fairly high compression ratio and a off the shelf RP23 may not work so well for you.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I might just send what I have to Push if its "special." Which for Yeti, I am not surprised.

Maybe I'll keep stacking my paper and buy a SB66 to go with my fleet of Yetis.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I might just send what I have to Push if its "special." Which for Yeti, I am not surprised.
I remember wanting to punch my computer every time someone said "send it to Push." I got over it and sent them my 09 RP23, and became a believer. I just got that Monarch, and it's even better.

Maybe I'll keep stacking my paper and buy a SB66 to go with my fleet of Yetis.
SB66: :drool:

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
It'll slow down when I turn it on, not as bobby, but I'd like it if it locked all the way out. I honestly think the fact that I could lock out the RP2 on my Enduro saved my life one time in Mississippi. No exaggeration.