Quantcast

Anyone post this yet? Great wall of china jump

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
MMike said:
I assume you could do the same only backwards though right? (judging from your pic sequence last week)
No but i when i do skate i do it handstand style. It's great X-training for all that hand pumping i have to do to make it up them steep hills.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
http://www.dannydoeschina.com/

Here's the whole story and website. The whole thing was put on by DC shoes. My GF works there so I got the inside scoop. The whole thing is pretty amazing really. Apart from the huge jump, it is really cool to see the Chinese government get involved in something like this. They actually have a Minister of extrem sports in China! Oh and the ramp cost a million dollars, seriously.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i'm glad this guy made it, unlike the unfortunate acrobat/bike guy who tried it about 3? years back...

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I kept hoping he would land it coming back into the pipe after making the jump. Just friggin' nuts. It's nice to see they did it a bit more professionally than when the guy tried unsuccessfully to do it on a bike...

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
llkoolkeg said:
I kept hoping he would land it coming back into the pipe after making the jump. Just friggin' nuts. It's nice to see they did it a bit more professionally than when the guy tried unsuccessfully to do it on a bike...
If he were a REAL man he would have landed in the pipe, and then jumped BACK over the wall.

He's a pussy.