Quantcast

anyone pre-sold a frame?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
yadda yadda...has anyone successfully sold a frame you had ordered, before receiving it? not a high-production-run frame that is generally available right away, but one that's generally got a 4 - 5 week wait (in my case...15+).

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
In general I try not to sell anything that I am not currently in possesion of. Too many variables... could get stolen off the UPS truck or end up damaged before you get it, etc.

J

JRB

Can you not get your money back??? I call BS on deposits or total cost and then they piss away lead times. I will say the word Titus. Their lead times suck, and they DON'T ride well enough to justify the crappy service from the factory. I like all Titus dealers, but there is only so much service from a dealer can do. Here's the first part - you MUST first deliver to the dealer before they can service the end user.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i don't know, i haven't tried to get it back yet. but...

before my stupid ER visit, i had put $2300 down. after the visit, i went in, and got a refund for everything but the frame, because i needed the money to pay for the ER visit. that ****in' ER visit threw a god damn kink in everything.

anyway, i put the original deposit (half) down for the frame around the 21st of August. mid-September is when i went and got the first refund (but paid off the frame).

Weeg waited 29 week, if i recall correctly. he ended up going with a Racer-X. that first batch of HHs (which would have been his frame) came in in late October/ early November. i wouldn't mind the wait so much, but there's a frame here that i WANT.

i'm not digging Titus so much, and i don't know how much Charles will be able to help (with Titus) after he gets out.

J

JRB

What frame here??? 29 weeks for a bike frame from a production company is bullsh*t.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Are Hammerheads just rebranded Racer-x's with diff geometry, or do they make the front triangle in house to a Titus rear end?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
tweaked geometry, tweaked bb-height, straight-gauge downtube, 1 or 2 extra gussets, and FR lowers (they're available for the RX, too, but cost like a tad more). all made by Titus.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
29 weks is nothing some guys that ordered the Yeti 303 had to wait over a year, and most still don't have 'em. Not to dig on Yeti, I pro-dealed my 575 while working for their #1 dealer in the world and it still took 2 months, but it was worth it.

J

JRB

I repeat - long lead times on bike frames is stupid. There are many comparable items from companies that don't have those waits. It is only ok because this industry has convinced people that good things must be waited on. Here's a newsflash from someone in manufacturing - it means you have surpassed capacity when you lie about lead times. Scale back, or get better. It is BS to lie about lead times. Period, again.