Quantcast

Anyone puttin any money down on the Kentucky Derby?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
I Are Baboon said:
I hear George Steinbrenner's horse is the favorite. Think he'll turn the horse into dog food if it doesn't win?

hahaha...that's Bellamy Road...I've got him down for a bunch of trifecta and superfecta bets. When the horses don't win or they get hurt, they don't turn em into glue or dogfood, they just put em out to stud...they don't get to score till they're retired...keeps em sassy and fast. So...not a bad deal...couple years they train for the big day, then they race and then they get to hook up with the lady horses to make future Derby contenders! :thumb:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
dh girlie said:
I've got him down for a bunch of trifecta and superfecta bets.
I know the trifecta is sex, food, and television, but what's a "superfecta"?

edit: is it sex, food, and a movie starring Christopher Reeve?

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Everytime I go to the track and I see those guys...I think of that episode of the simpsons where bart races that horse...and the jockeys mess with homer...those guys are so tiny...they make ME feel like an amazon and I'm 5.2.
I always want to put them in a backpack to be funny. :think:

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
dh girlie said:
When the horses don't win or they get hurt, they don't turn em into glue or dogfood, they just put em out to stud...they don't get to score till they're retired...
Man, if I were a horse, I'd break my own leg.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
dh girlie said:
I've been researching the horses...Seems like Afleet Alex, Bandini, and Bellamy Road are top contenders...I'm gonna place some bets on a coupla longshots, too...we'll see...maybe I'll win some cash at the track and I can hook myself up with some new bars and a stem!
I'm betting that I will drink at least 3 mint juleps and pass out.
I really don't care much about the horse racing part.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
binary visions said:
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of being put out to stud?

Oh. You don't mean that leg.
Well, I'd have to win a few races first, but hell, a year of racing and then limp around and get laid? Sounds pretty good....wait, that's what I do now....

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
dh girlie said:
Are you going???? Damn...I wanna go...my friends and I are thinking a trip next year is in order...I think that'd be pretty fun...the Derby...then you get to see all the inbred hillbillies in Kentucky!
Nope, I'm not even watching the stupid horse thing.
I'm just in it for the drinks.