Quantcast

Anyone racing the Otter?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Wish I could make it, but I can't. I'll hit up a local XC race instead. Good luck to any XC guys heading there

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
I was gonna head up there and get smoked by all of the WC pros, but I couldn't get the time off work. Oh well. Good luck to all who are going.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
The big xc guns will be at Houffalize for the first world cup. Take the day off and go give 'em hell.
There is a WC the same weekend?? What idiot made up the WC schedule?? The Otter is one of the biggest races of the year

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Maybe I'll see you at Mudslinger. Derek is racing and I'm just going to ride some of the other muddy trails. :)

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
There is a WC the same weekend?? What idiot made up the WC schedule?? The Otter is one of the biggest races of the year
For XC, no it hasn't been for years on the world stage because it lacks UCI points of any significance. Condensed WC schedule a bit this year though because of the timing with the Olympics. All of the US long team riders need to be at the first 5 WC races to try and earn a spot on the Olympic squad. That means you most likely won't see JHK, Wells, Broderick, Bishop, Craig or Schultz on the mens side and Gould, Koerber, Irmiger, McConneloug, or Haywood on the women's side.

I know for sure that the Fisher mechanic is there with some of their riders and Mike & Mary are there as well.

Katie Compton showed up last year and surprised some people is in New Zealand for the single speed championships.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Maybe I'll see you at Mudslinger. Derek is racing and I'm just going to ride some of the other muddy trails. :)
You very well might; I will be wearing all blue and looking strikingly similar to a smurf

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Good point. I was hoping for nice weather......thats not going to happen :(
I never hope for nice weather when I go to the valley. That way I am never disappointed! I was hoping to ride out to and then down some of the trails on Mary's Peak but I'm guessing it will be under snow.