Quantcast

Anyone Ride Deity Components?

hilldown

Chimp
Aug 30, 2005
Oroville, CA
I saw their stuff at interbike and I really liked it. I was wondering if anyone has tried out their bars, stems, cranks, or chainrings? Im thinking of getting some of their stuff for my bullit. So any suggestions would be killer. The other option would be Race Face Diabolus gear. Im already going to get their headset... so lets hear its folks...

Oh, and Thanks for any feedback

fortfun19

Chimp
Oct 28, 2004
Fort Collins, CO
My buddy Nate Adams rides all their stuff and after a little testing, it is bombproof and light as hell. I would suggest getting whatever u can. I will be getting a stem, bars, and cranks from them.

hilldown

Chimp
Aug 30, 2005
Oroville, CA
I just found out that the bar and stem combo from deity is 15 grams lighter than race face diabolus. 615 compared to 630. Which is pretty much nothing, but deity stuff just looks so killer. Im going cranks, bar, stem and sprocket most likely. Eric is a cool guy too, I got to talk to him for a bit at interbike.

liquidsystm

Chimp
May 25, 2005
We went with all white Diety cranks, stem, and handlebars on our 06 Versus Blitz. The seat collar was a bit too gnarly for us to throw on. Parts are not exactly the lightest, but they are for sure bomb proof!!

hilldown

Chimp
Aug 30, 2005
Oroville, CA
Wow, thats almost what I am doing. I have an SC bullit thats powdercoat white right now. My mag 30's are going to throw the color scheme off :). What sprocket setup are you using on your bike?

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i have been on there stuff all year and refuse to run anything else again. I was bending protapers, truvativ, and ea50 bars on my street bike on a regualr basis. i have had the same ste of bars on since may on my street bike, dh bike, and 4x bike and they all still look new, that powercoat is thick. Holzfellers are the same way, always bending or pedal threads ripping out from throwing the bike mid air or grinding on the pedals, crank or bash guard. they also always came loose after they had been taken off and reinstalled multiple times. same goes for profiles with getting loose and setting them up was a pain in the ass. the deity's come with the tightest tolerances i have seen in any mtn bike product. the first time you have to take the cranks off be ready to use major force, same goes with getting them on the first time. the diety cranks come with 2 different spacers for 68 and 73 mm bottom brackets unlike profile which come with one size spacer and then have you add more internal spacers, which if you dont do perfectly can cause major binding issues. the chain wheel is strong as all get out and light too boot. the whole crank and bb system weights about 20g's less than saint and with a ti bb it come sin around the weight of holzfellers with the dh bb. i dont run the stem due to also riding for nycfreeride but the stems look great and everyone i know of who has one loves it. contact eric and he can give you every detail about the parts plus hes probably one of nicest guys in the world and loves what he does

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
Eric at Diety is by far the most helpful person I found when it comes to product related email questions. :thumb:
Diety product is definitly on my future build :)