Quantcast

Anyone ride Frederick?

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
I went there a few weekends ago and there are alot of places to ride and I just stayed in the downtown area..didn't get harrassed by the police once but I only saw 2 or 3 people on bikes and they were all crackheads.

Also, people need to ride around here! (Westminster) Im so tired of going out in town by myself:o: :(

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Yup, lots of Frederick regulars here on this board. There were lots of folks riding today. jmvar, Capt. Jack Sparrow, Kirsten, and I did an XC loop in Gambrill and then shuttled one run in the 'Shed. There were two other groups comprised of the usual suspects riding various areas of the Watershed today too.

Come up and join us one of these weekends! There's usually someone on this board up there just about every weekend.

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
Oops I didn't mean trails I mean street, I ride a rear brake only single speed plus I don't have a helmet so I don't think Id do well on the trails but if anyone wants to ride the street one of these nights let me know!

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
way to be on top of it Damien. Again. ;)

As for street in Fredneck, jeez. I dunno, llkoolkeg is probably the closest thing to that...:p Why ride street when the mtns are 3 minutes away?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Originally posted by DßR
way to be on top of it Damien. Again. ;)

As for street in Fredneck, jeez. I dunno, llkoolkeg is probably the closest thing to that...:p Why ride street when the mtns are 3 minutes away?
Haha. I only work and ride in Frederick now. The funny thing is that since I moved last Summer, I'm now only 10 minutes from Westminster and sometimes work there PT. I've seen lotsa cool stuff to hit there, but if I did, I'd be on a suspension bike with pads and melon bucket. This kid would be schooling me on a beater in jeans & ballcap and I'd feel very wimpy indeed.

A couple of my Frederick buddies rode street Friday in Frederick and called me, but I was at the brewpub by then with no bike and 3 sheets to the wind.

I may have to bring a bike to Westminster sometime late at night just to hit up some of the cool obstacles and terrain I've driven past.

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
Originally posted by NotQuiteJdm
I went there a few weekends ago and there are alot of places to ride and I just stayed in the downtown area..didn't get harrassed by the police once but I only saw 2 or 3 people on bikes and they were all crackheads.

Also, people need to ride around here! (Westminster) Im so tired of going out in town by myself:o: :(

I try to ride the Shed a few weekends a month... I love Street also.
Next time I head up I'll bring both bikes and meet you for a street session after the MTN ride. I've got a couple of peeps I ride with that know/ride Frederick street... I'll bring them too.

PM me your email and I'll let you know the next time I'm going to be there.

p.s. I might ride like a crack head but I'm not one... ;)

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
Haha. I only work and ride in Frederick now. The funny thing is that since I moved last Summer, I'm now only 10 minutes from Westminster and sometimes work there PT. I've seen lotsa cool stuff to hit there, but if I did, I'd be on a suspension bike with pads and melon bucket. This kid would be schooling me on a beater in jeans & ballcap and I'd feel very wimpy indeed.

A couple of my Frederick buddies rode street Friday in Frederick and called me, but I was at the brewpub by then with no bike and 3 sheets to the wind.

I may have to bring a bike to Westminster sometime late at night just to hit up some of the cool obstacles and terrain I've driven past.
Have you seen the park by Longwell parking lot? TON'S O FUN!
It would be sweet if there was a street "scene" started in Westminster