Quantcast

Anyone riding at the shed on sunday

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Check the "slowwwwwwww" thread. It should be nice up there this weekend. Someone just told me that the system that drenched DC last night/today didn't drop a drop on Gambril/Watershed.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
BikeGeek said:
Check the "slowwwwwwww" thread. It should be nice up there this weekend. Someone just told me that the system that drenched DC last night/today didn't drop a drop on Gambril/Watershed.
Dude, we got hammered. It rained so much up here, the Monocacy River actually got up into Route 15. I had to dodge high water all the way into work this AM and my sump pump ran continuously last night. I didn't personally drive up the mountain, but I find it hard to believe that both Frederick and Carroll counties had flooding rivers and streams from torrential rains that somehow missed Gambrill/South Mountain.

I'm riding Sunday myself, but if it doesn't get cold enough to freeze the ground, it's gonna be mushy in some spots that aren't quite as rocky.

willpowa

Chimp
Sep 6, 2004
I'll be out all day Sunday, prolly with a few peeps. Usually work the drop trails for a coupla hours and then hit the larger runs...

Llkoolkeg- if I run into you again this weekend, wouldya be willing to show me that trail you were telling whale, stiff, and myself about last week?

Will.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
willpowa said:
llkoolkeg- if I run into you again this weekend, wouldya be willing to show me that trail you were telling whale, stiff, and myself about last week?

Will.
Sure, man. In fact I hit that run @10:30am on this past Sunday. It was a little mushy in a couple areas, but that was to be expected after all the rain. I'll surely be up there again this coming Sunday and don't mind at all starting off the day on that trail. PM me and I'll give you my cell# if you think you'll be down...or "up" as the case may be. :thumb: