Quantcast

Anyone riding Highland this Saturday (6/18)?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
page w00dy, I think he's headed there with his brother and the invisible man this weekend, not sure on dates though.

highland is relatively straightforward. Follow the kids in pajamas, schralp some gnar. Warm up on meadow's end, then do happy hour, then go down hellion. Sprinkle in some maiden, hemlock, and fancy feast, use threshold sparingly. Enjoy!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yeah man, you may also want to consider posting on bustedspoke.com, there's usually a collective there that goes.

I haven't been there this year, but the stunts that are really old are generally really dangerous and not well thought out, but the newer ones are super duper smooth and really really fun...ie, hellion is an absolute blast, but NE style really ain't that great...happy hour is super fun, but fancy feast is just OK.

despite me feeling under the weather, t'was a fun time at Highland on saturday! :thumb:

alittle gray in the morning, but after getting on the trails around 0930, the weather just got better and better. as did the conditions, alittle slick in the morning but by 1200, it tacked up nicely.

upper hellion was closed for the upcoming race. but lower hellion was fun, some big stepups at the end that i didn't have the cojones to hit.

i really liked happy hour, probably rode that the most. sheilagh and hemlock are fun, just wished it was steeper/more fall-line dh style. threshhold was pretty good, but the flat/slight uphill entrance into a fairly gnarly rocky section was a challenge to get started.

the only trail i didn't do that was open was NE Style. Some big moves/lines on that trail, alittle over my head to hit them.

i really like what they've done at Highland, top notch staff and facilities. I wished I also brought my 4x/DJ bike. i hope i can make the GES race this season there in August.

Miraculously, there was minimal bugs on saturday, WOOT!