Quantcast

Anyone Riding in the Rain-Rain in Eastern Washington Also

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Today was the rainiest day over here in at least 8 months. I think it rained about an inch in Cle Elum. I was planning a bike ride over to Teanaway and was maybe 1/4 of the way there when I realized I was breaking the rule-my rule-never start a ride in the rain and if it starts raining you go home. Anyway I turned around and went back. How about it all of you westsiders, you love this stuff, anyone go slogging around in the mud :)

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
Is the Teanaway trail still there? I read in the paper they logged or are planning to log the whole area. That trail is so cool I couldn't believe it when I read it.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Borneo knows the trails much better than I do around Teanaway. For the last couple of years US Timber has been doing some serious logging in the area. At least they are not talking about developing the area. A lot of the trails/roads have been trenched but there is still a lot of stuff there. The Cle Elum Ridge above Cle Elum is a different story.
The rain quit here and i slogged 20 miles of muddy road. I cant believe the Stumpjumper made it. In another day there will be some excellent biking around here. Taneum trails should be in great shape this weekend. This is unusual to get this much rain before fall sets in. Who knows maybe the Rat Pac gate will be open.

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
I'm sure hoping the gate will be open as I'm heading up with a couple guys on saturday. Never been, so can't pass the opportunity. I love long climbs....not. Oh well, I got all day.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
I will post here if the gate is open, otherwise you can do an inside the gate shuttle by driving east throught Cle Elum to Columbia Street. Just go up the hill and follow the lime green ribbons to Rat Pac. A high clearance vehicle is helpful. :)

WSUDirtrider

Chimp
Aug 26, 2003
Montesano
this is what I live for!!! its not riding unless you get back and have half the trail on ya.
What do you mean you can't get to the trail to work on it pete? oh yeah, I have to truck...

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
All the FS trails in the Teanaway are in great shape! I've ridden most of them in the past month.
Many of the unofficial old moto trails have been returned to logging roads. A few are still there though. Found a new one in Sandstone Creek canyon that rocks! Drops right down between HUGE sandstone outcroppings.The good part is that much of the logging is done, for now and many of the roads are tank trapped and the grasses are starting to grow back on them.
This weekend should be awesome for riding over there. Gate open or not. I was planning on going over myself but mid day functions both days puts the kabash on that...

gooch

Monkey
May 16, 2002
Outside Seattle
radjockette said:
I'm sure hoping the gate will be open as I'm heading up with a couple guys on saturday. Never been, so can't pass the opportunity. I love long climbs....not. Oh well, I got all day.
We are planning on riding the Pac on Saturday also. What time you guys riding?

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
When I only get six inches of rain a year i try to bike whenever it rains. though i guess it hardly ever rains enough to get muddy. u gotta take advantage of the rainy days to build

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
you know, I try not to ride in the rain, but hell we rode anyway. Stayed on the dirtbike tracks which are all rutted out as it is. I hope you guys forgive me, I couldn't get passed the "need to ride" bug, plus getting DRENCHED was fun as hell

Attachments