Quantcast

Anyone running 24s on a 243?

EricMcFlow

Monkey
Jul 9, 2005
Chicago
Ever since I got my new 20 the 243 feels freaking HUGE on 26s. Debating selling it and starting fresh or just getting new wheels. So if you have been on a 243 with 24's, did it feel as good as it does with 26's or just not as dialed?

Or I might just get a smaller 26 frame, too many good options right now, not making this an easy choice.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Honestly, after going from a 26 (DOC) to a 24 (Tonic) the 24 just feels SO much better on street/park/DJ stuff. I say get a 24" specific frame like a Molly, Nemesis DM, or Tonic. You will most likely love it.

I've been considering getting a 20, and either selling or keeping my Tonic, but we'll see once I get to ride my friend's Fit after he's done building it.

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
Honestly, after going from a 26 (DOC) to a 24 (Tonic) the 24 just feels SO much better on street/park/DJ stuff. I say get a 24" specific frame like a Molly, Nemesis DM, or Tonic. You will most likely love it.

I've been considering getting a 20, and either selling or keeping my Tonic, but we'll see once I get to ride my friend's Fit after he's done building it.
that would be a crying shame to have to sell your tonic, thoes things are in such high demand it would be hard to come by one if you ever change your mind (not hard well just lots of people want them)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Yeah, you're right; that's why I'm waiting to ride my bud's S3 for a while and really make up my mind. I'm leaning towards not selling it though.

EricMcFlow

Monkey
Jul 9, 2005
Chicago

I loved making the switch to having a 20 in the stable. I really have not had much time (Its January in Chicago) to take it to the park and ride the bowls with it, but I can tell you I have at least 5 new tricks in the arsenal that I could not yet pull on the 26. I just need to keep a "commuter jump bike" in the stable as well. I think my 243 is officially for sale.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I had a 20 a while back but I never really committed to it. I think I need one again though.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
yeah, my sl rocks with 24s! look through the 'who has the best ride' thread, it's in one of the first few pages. the bike feels just as dialed if not more so with 24s. i tryed it with 26 for a while and it just felt dead, not nearly as playful and compact. rides just as well as any 24 spec. frame i've swung a leg over, shorter CS then some too.