Quantcast

Anyone running Hayes Stroker Ace's?

cmoney

Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Hey anyone running Hayes Stroker Ace's I was considering buying some just looking for feedback,I have some Codes right now but find they need bleeding fairly often and the lever feel is never very consistent.

Jan 20, 2008
Santa Rosa
Hey anyone running Hayes Stroker Ace's I was considering buying some just looking for feedback,I have some Codes right now but find they need bleeding fairly often and the lever feel is never very consistent.
I second your question as I am thinking about a set for my new bike too, and also if anyone can compare them to Saints that would be great?!:thumb:

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
I have a set, haven't ridden them a lot but did a couple of days at whistler on them, haven't ridden the saint either.

Insanely powerful, to the point of being dangerous.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
i have 10 months on my strokers aces and i love them, yes i am sponsored by Hayes and have them on my trail bike and my DH bike. But i will honestly say if i got dropped by hayes the stroker aces would stay on my bike. im not a fan of the codes lever pivot position. Saints in my eyes are way more powerful than my stokers, the saints are all or nothing. which i dont like when your going thru the rough and grab a bit of brake and your wheel locks up, not good. Ive only had to bleed the rear once and it was rider error not the brake. the early versions have "sticky lever" which requires some maintenance. The 2010's have eliminated this problem.

if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Also love the Hayes Stroker Ace, will run them again in 010'. Powerful yet not too powerful, has good modulation. As stated above the Saints may modulate better if
you are over 200lbs. but for me at 160lbs. to easy to over-brake.

ekimox

Monkey
Jun 17, 2009
Just a heads up... PricePoint has these on right now for 50% off @ $120 an end with 8" rotors. At that price I'm thinking of giving them a go.

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
i'll go against the trend...i hate them. after like 20 min of riding, they really stop working. modulation, horrible. power, horrible. the actuation of the brake felt exactly like my old hayes, which also sucked.

i know they're 120 on pricepoint, but do yourself a favor and get brakes that modulate, grab better, won't break, and buy elixirs for the same price

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I've been running a set of the Stroker Trails for a few months and like 'em alot. They stop me and aren't too overpowering and don't require too much muscle. All I ask of a brake is to not make me do all the work.