Quantcast

Anyone see Queensryche/ Judas Priest?

Jun 4, 2002
Berryville, VA
Was at the show on Sunday, I'm not a big fan of QR but they sounded good. Preist on the other hand, was F'in awesome. Say what you will about Rob, big leathery fag or not, he can sing. Pretty good energy outta the old guys as well. Got my $35.00 British Steel shirt and a nice hangover. Lot's of fun.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
The Professor said:
Was at the show on Sunday, I'm not a big fan of QR but they sounded good. Preist on the other hand, was F'in awesome. Say what you will about Rob, big leathery fag or not, he can sing. Pretty good energy outta the old guys as well. Got my $35.00 British Steel shirt and a nice hangover. Lot's of fun.
yeah, I kinda did the same thing. The energy level was a bit of a pleasant surprise. I didi the “Angel of Retribution” shirt along with the Queensryche shirt.

Sunday would count my 10th time to see them in the course of 30 years…….

:think: I’m getting way old…In dog years I’m dead :dead:

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Wow... Cool to hear they're still around... I saw QR on the Operation Mindcrime tour and Priest a couple of times back in the early 90's. I used to go to a lot of concerts back then... easy to get a good seat on the day of the show when you're only buying one. :sneaky:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Ian F said:
Wow... Cool to hear they're still around... I saw QR on the Operation Mindcrime tour and Priest a couple of times back in the early 90's. I used to go to a lot of concerts back then... easy to get a good seat on the day of the show when you're only buying one. :sneaky:
LOL!!! your right!!! thats what we used to do....

We used to park at the back side of the Spectrum by the concrete wall, and whach the limo's going down under.

Man, good times!

Jun 4, 2002
Berryville, VA
sirknight6 said:
yeah, I kinda did the same thing. The energy level was a bit of a pleasant surprise. I didi the “Angel of Retribution” shirt along with the Queensryche shirt.

Sunday would count my 10th time to see them in the course of 30 years…….

:think: I’m getting way old…In dog years I’m dead :dead:
30 years, hmmm, Were you at the 83' show at the Cap Center where they flimed "Heavy Metal Parking Lot"?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
SK6!
the hell you been man?!?

sadly, I haven't seen Priest ever and won't be seeing them on this tour. :(

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
SkaredShtles said:
I saw QR Operation Mindcrime tour back in......... '91? :think:

Me too, with Suicidal Tendencies. I vividly remember it because I was taking Freshman english in summer school and had to read Death of a Salesman on the way to the show, between sets, and on the way home so I'd be ready for class the next day. When I got to class it turned out nobody had read it but me and I felt like a tool.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
narlus said:
maybe he was the dude in the zebra-striped tight pants. :think:
Smart a$$! :p

I neither confirm nor deny any alligation as set forth in this thread In re zebra striped tight pants or any facsimile thereof. :D

Hey PNJ, whats up? yeah, been slam busy. You been good?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I am pretty stoked on the line up of this years ozzfest. great for older heshers like myself. howeve, I'm not stoked on the ticket price (don't forget to double it because my wife has to go too, I think she's more metal then I am:)) nor am I stoked on all day-standing in the hot sun-way to crowded-overpriced food/beer-parking sucks. :D

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
pnj said:
I am pretty stoked on the line up of this years ozzfest. great for older heshers like myself. howeve, I'm not stoked on the ticket price (don't forget to double it because my wife has to go too, I think she's more metal then I am:)) nor am I stoked on all day-standing in the hot sun-way to crowded-overpriced food/beer-parking sucks. :D
So you'll have fun then! :thumb: :D

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
I have seen Priest without Halford and Halford without Priest but I will be going on the 8th of July in Irvine. My friend is friends with Scott Travis, the drummer for Priest. We've got the backstage hook-up, should be fun.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Excelent. I thought Scott was a definite plus. I have to be honest, I kinda miss Tim, I liked his vocals and energy. The music was certianly heavier. He works a crowed real well!!!

Halford sounded the best I've ever heard him since '77.

If you do get back stage, can you verify whether they use in ears or not? I'd appriciated it.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Not yet!!!! Next weekend though! July 2nd...I cannot WAIT...I have always loved JP...saw them years and years ago and then again last year at ozzfest and rob halford is still one bad ass mofo and he can STILL rock the heavy metal scream like no other! Did he come out on a big ole harley? I'm so stoked for this show that me and a friend are considering a road trip to Reno on the 1st to get a preview!

I'm not going to make it ozzfest this year, much to my dismay...I'll be in Vegas, and I'm PISSED that the one f'n year they hold Ozzfest on a weekend, I'm gone...last year Black Sabbath (and JP and Slayer) kicked some serious ass...old rockers rule!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Yeah, the Harley came out! I have to say Halford’s stage persona was a bit different.....His voice was dead on though.

I saw JP 3 years back with Tim "Ripper" Owens at an outdoor weekly thing in Richmond. I was really surprised by that. There was only, I'd say, 2000 max. From the point of view of a fan, it was great, up close and personal, from the point of the band, you could tell they hated it.

However, Sunday night had a HUGE crowed and the energy level was great. The sound was really well done. The only real complaint there is the vocals where beginning to peek and was a bit distorted. It almost seemed like they had no head room on the power side (the uppers).

They sure as h*ll didn’t have any problems with the mid’s and lows though…

All in all, it was a great show!!! :thumb: :thumb:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
I have been waiting for JP to come around since last years ozzfest...I was hoping for an indoor show, but oh well...JP is JP. Last time I saw them indoors it was f'n AWESOME...I can't remember which cd they were supporting, but Rob Halford came on stage in CAGE lowered from the ceiling! It was SWEET! I also nearly got evicted from an apartment because of JP's Painkiller cd! :D

I was getting worried that they were going to dilute the show with a bunch of crappy ass bands thus making JP's set shorter, but I think it's just JP, QR, and ZAKK wyldes band...I wonder if I can get a note to Zakk to tell him my cat is named after him! :D

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Ahhh ferchrissakes! I didn't even realize they were coming this early, I'm so outta the friggin' loop. Priest was my favorite band in high school and I saw them every time they came to D.C. since "Screaming for Vengeance", including one time at the 9:30 when Ripper Owens sang for them. I've hung out and drank beers, got picks, signatures, etc. for all of them EXCEPT Rob. It crushes me, frankly, that I missed the show for ignorance of it. :mad:

As far as Ozzfest, we should get a group of RM metalheads together to attend. I could swing a lawn ticket and despite the security nazis, always manage to have a good time both inside on the hill and outside in the lot. Did I not have riding/fishing plans for the weekend, I'd be hitting Ashburn/Sterling for the Dominion Brewfest, too!. :evil:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Oh crap, this might make some people frustrated......

I had an extra ticket.....I would have given it to anyone who would have been interested..... :eek:

The Ozzfest RM Metal Head Malitia meeting at Nissan Pavilion sounds like a great idea!!

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
sirknight6 said:
Oh crap, this might make some people frustrated......

I had an extra ticket.....I would have given it to anyone who would have been interested..... :eek:

The Ozzfest RM Metal Head Malitia meeting at Nissan Pavilion sounds like a great idea!!
Ralph, were a client not sitting across from me right now behind my flat-screen, I would be visibly weeping! :(

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
llkoolkeg said:
Ralph, were a client not sitting across from me right now behind my flat-screen, I would be visibly weeping! :(
LOL! I feel your pain......:nopity:

Your a$$ better be going to Ozzfest!!!

We have a place to crash up there. The whole family is going. Sandys only going to go see Black Sabeth and 'Maiden.

It's gonna be a blast.

this seems like the formation of The Ozzfest RM Metal Head Militia clique.... :eek:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dh girlie said:
Thanks for finally posting a picture of yourself! Now if I go to Northstar this weekend I will be able to easily spot you!
i'm the one w/ the baby blue DH bike w/ flowers on it, and the pink headset! :love:

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
That new Judas Priest album, Angel of Retribution ROCKS!!!

"RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE! WHEELS OF FIRE, FOREEEEEVEEEEEER!!!!"
JUDAS PRIEST