Quantcast

Anyone see Queensryche/ Judas Priest?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I will definitely go to Ozzfest this year, then. It'd be cool to get a group together to meet up in vehicles just outside Nissan P. so that we could all drive in and park in the same area. If you don't get that stuff taken care of prior to the show, you end up parking next to a bunch of [insert negatives] and not being able to imbibe or party discretely.

BTW, Priest's best album without a doubt was "Screaming for Vengeance" with "Defenders of the Faith" and "British Steel" taking the silver and bronze.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I agree with aforementioned choices, however, suffice it to say, "Defenders of the Faith"" comes in as mediocre.

“Painkiller” is one of the better albums, as it was quite a bit away from the poppy sound of the late 80’s.

I must admit, I personally like the stylings of Tim “Ripper” Owens in “Demolition”.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
dh girlie said:
really? I haven't heard any of it...I'll have to check Itunes...one of my favorite cd's EVER is Painkiller...godDAMN that sh!t rocks!
I concur; "Painkiller" was a definite hit. It still stands up to today’s standards as well.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
sirknight6 said:
I concur; "Painkiller" was a definite hit. It still stands up to today’s standards as well.
Hell yeah it does! The song itself (Painkiller) would make a baptist minister wanna bang his head and hold up the heavy metal devil horn hand sign! I just heard on the radio station that sponsoring the show that they added Testament and that JP will play a 2 hour show...SWEET!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Hammer and the Anvil is one of the best tracks on that CD!!

Queensryche rocked!!! as well...

And today, in the mail, I got my Ozzfest tickets!!!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
sirknight6 said:
I can't wait to see

YOU SUCK!!!! Every year Ozzfest comes on a f'n weekday...like a facken tuesday and you gotta take a day off and then you feel all hung over with your ears ringin the next day...and it's always in July...so this year before they announce it I plan a crazy chicks trip to Vegas...and guess what f'n day they plan it for??? A SATURDAY in August...while I'm in VEGAS...FFFFAAACK! sooo f'n pissed off...and my other friends are goin...and I'm gonna miss friggin IM and BS! pisses me the HELL off! Have fun!!!! :D

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
dh girlie said:
YOU SUCK!!!! Every year Ozzfest comes on a f'n weekday...like a facken tuesday and you gotta take a day off and then you feel all hung over with your ears ringin the next day...and it's always in July...so this year before they announce it I plan a crazy chicks trip to Vegas...and guess what f'n day they plan it for??? A SATURDAY in August...while I'm in VEGAS...FFFFAAACK! sooo f'n pissed off...and my other friends are goin...and I'm gonna miss friggin IM and BS! pisses me the HELL off! Have fun!!!! :D
Your more than welcomed to join us! :thumb:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
dh girlie said:
When is it? Where is it??? I was seriously looking for another Ozzfest to go to...and I looked up North to see when they were playin Seattle since I have some kinda family there...and its the freakin day before the show here...godDAMNit!

Sunday, July 27th, 2005, Nissan Pavilion. :)

freightGOD

Monkey
Jan 26, 2002
Atlanta, GA
Priest kick major ass....still. I've seen em' 12 times since early 80.....(Iron Maiden opened for them back in those days:)

Won tickets for Queensrych on the Empire tour off the local radio station... Back stage passes. Autographs from hell, posters (with autographs) A cool tri-ryche hat pin that I still have. ANd a 5 song soundcheck performance for the 10 of us who won....good times indeed. 1 lucky dude in our group won an autographed tri-ryche Dean guitar....

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I've seen QR before, but I haven't seen JP in concert (yet). I can sneak into a show down in So Cal in a few weeks, would be it worth doing?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I loved the sound system... The bass was off the hook and the over all sound was incredible!!!

and.................................

They do "Beyond the Realms of Death"!!!

AWESOME!!!!

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
dh girlie said:
I don't think I would sneak and risk getting busted and bounced...I'd just buy a ticket...I saw em last year and it was wellllll worth it!
Okay, sneak was the wrong description. How about, park for free and walk in through the front entrance without paying, but have to sit on the grass (nose-bleed section) above the stadium seating.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
reflux said:
Okay, sneak was the wrong description. How about, park for free and walk in through the front entrance without paying, but have to sit on the grass (nose-bleed section) above the stadium seating.

:thumb:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
reflux said:
Oh hell yeah, do it...but when I saw em while standing on the lawn I could barely see em...this time I got KICK ASS seats! Only one more DDDDDAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! (done in my best heavy metal Rob Halford scream!) :)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
dh girlie said:
Oh hell yeah, do it...but when I saw em while standing on the lawn I could barely see em...this time I got KICK ASS seats! Only one more DDDDDAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! (done in my best heavy metal Rob Halford scream!) :)

your in for one hell-of-show!!!!!! if you think your stoked now, wait till the morning!!! LOL!!!!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
sirknight6 said:
your in for one hell-of-show!!!!!! if you think your stoked now, wait till the morning!!! LOL!!!!
hahaha! I'm pretty damn close to bustin at the seams! I can't IMAGINE the morning...

Hey I forgot to tell you, I have breakin the law as the ring on my cell phone(had it for a long time now)...it's great cuz it's LOUD so I can hear it...and I can sing along with it!!!! :thumb:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
dh girlie said:
Oh...and I can't give an update till Wednesday cuz I won't be here Tuesday!

If you PM me your e-mail addy, I can send you a 30 second clip I took with my cellphone of the concert itself. The quality leaves a lot to be desired, but it'll be enought to push you over the edge!!!! :D

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
sirknight6 said:
If you PM me your e-mail addy, I can send you a 30 second clip I took with my cellphone of the concert itself. The quality leaves a lot to be desired, but it'll be enought to push you over the edge!!!! :D
I have been listening to this cd that has a ton of stuff they've done over the years and I keep skipping to the live songs! I'm really hoping they do that song Ram it Down...that has a SEVEN SECOND LONG SCREAM!