Quantcast

Anyone seen a new V10 bROKEN?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
no frame is un-breakable...and why you would ask someone to post a broken pic of one of your sponsors?

konahucker43

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
central NY
mtnbrider said:
A V10 is mainly a race bike. It is not a bike to be hucked. It could crack just as any other will, if used improperly.
well idk if id quite go there. yes it is a race bike but it is certainly capable of taking alot of rough hard hits

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ive never seen one break or even crack and I have seen a lot of broke bikes this last year.

ilfreerider

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
israel
i have a friend that cracked his (the new one) at 5 different places .
however ,sc rep here in israel took care of him and he got a new frame (he was racing in one of the wc races ,they talked to sc and he got it there) ,nice cs imo.

su_root

Chimp
Feb 23, 2005
Denver CO
The first V10 SC sent me had a problem with the shock hyper extending. I don't know if you would consider that truely broken, but they overnighted me a new frame.

mtbman4

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
windrock
mtnbrider said:
A V10 is mainly a race bike. It is not a bike to be hucked. It could crack just as any other will, if used improperly.
Honestly, I see a lot more damage to my bike from downhilling, not from hucking. Anyone that can land a huck decently-smooth....oh don't get me started...lol
Very techy east coast DH is probably pretty hard on anything though.

Bacardi

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
Santa Barbara, CA
A better question would be, has anyone broken the front triangle of the V10 (mono front or older front) - assuming no misuse, gross crashes, no headset/fork issues.

It will all need to be replaced eventually, but swingarms are usually the first to go from being beat on...

SD_TMTB

Chimp
Jun 26, 2005
Raleigh, NC
mtnbrider said:
In my oppinion, even if it is a "race bike" it should be strong enoguh to take a hard hit. A bike should be strong enough to use all of its travel on a big huck.

I have never heard of a v10 breaking but someone prolly has.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
SD_TMTB said:
In my oppinion, even if it is a "race bike" it should be strong enoguh to take a hard hit. A bike should be strong enough to use all of its travel on a big huck.

I have never heard of a v10 breaking but someone prolly has.
I guess I don't exactly know what I'm talking about::D .

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
suposedly Nathan Rennie has been on the same frame all season, with no problem. Considering how BIG Rennie is, his riding style (more power than flow), and that he was the only person ever to break a Yeti DH-9 and did so in a corner, I would say there probably haven't been to many broken V-10's

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
i saw one in mexico

think the rider was from venezuela or thereabouts

anyway, it had a big crack around the head tube / hunchback joint, nasty. but from how small the rider was and how new the frame was i would probably blame it on either one massive crash or on a defective frame, not design.

shock hyperextending and wrecking the upper link bridge is has also happened more than one time

Sep 9, 2004
Littleton, CO
SBDHrida said:
suposedly Nathan Rennie has been on the same frame all season, with no problem. Considering how BIG Rennie is, his riding style (more power than flow), and that he was the only person ever to break a Yeti DH-9 and did so in a corner, I would say there probably haven't been to many broken V-10's

Not exactly true.