Quantcast

Anyone seen "Stella?"

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Friend loaned us some DVDs of this comedy show, but we never bothered to watch them. Walked in yesterday and saw my fiance watching the TV, trying to giggle, but having no air left...tears streaming from her eyes, in a hysterical fit. (and yes, completely alone and fully clothed...)

On screen, three of the dudes from "The State" were wearing suits and performing graphic fellatio...on Mrs. Claus. (yes, Santa's apparently she-male wife). She's got a suprise gift of her own, apparently...and a santa hat to boot.

Anyhow, yeah, it was pretty funny stuff. Anyone seen this show yet? It's going to be on Comedy Central, but I don't see how they're going to show it on regular cable...

MD

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Is the "State" the one where a guy used to walk around saying, "I wanna dip my BALLS in it!"

Stella? Haven't heard of it before.

On the topic though, comedy is my personal road trip fav. I went to Moab in May and Vegas last weekend and stand-up comedy was the only thing that made the drive tolerable.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Yeah, that was The State. Short-lived. Funniest thing they ever did was a commercial which rolled text clips from all the crappy reviews they'd gotten down the screen, over sad music, showing them all walking sadly, arms on shoulders, crying. I think the wierd duck-looking chick from Reno 911 was one of the State people, too.

Funny thing is, I never turn on the TV...but the GF watches a goddamned ton of it, so I soak it up vicariously.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Hmm i'll have to look for it... i've been diggin Wonder Showzen on MTV2 lately. That one puppet who does street interviews is funny.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Skookum said:
Hmm i'll have to look for it... i've been diggin Wonder Showzen on MTV2 lately. That one puppet who does street interviews is funny.
Not sure if its the same show on MTV2 but there's a kid who looks like he's about 8 and he goes around New york (?) asking all sorts of embarassing and inappropriate questions to adults. Hilarious! :p

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
COmtbiker12 said:
Not sure if its the same show on MTV2 but there's a kid who looks like he's about 8 and he goes around New york (?) asking all sorts of embarassing and inappropriate questions to adults. Hilarious! :p
Yah they call those skits "Beat Kids", haha hilarious.