Quantcast

Anyone seen the Oakley property lately?

oz

Chimp
Nov 11, 2003
are people allowed to ride at the oakley property? I just moved to LA and am looking for places to ride.

oz

Chimp
Nov 11, 2003
would someone be willing to pm me on how to get there or if anyone is up for a ride...

CunningStunt

Chimp
Mar 9, 2005
Orange County, CA
Whatever dude. I'm talking about the land the building is on, not the dozed jump/drop site. They have Bobcat, they've built doubles, berms, and a cat on MTBR spilled the bears.

Homey

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The O.C.
I'll have to do some digging to find the mtb trails then. Shouldn't be too hard to find. I'm sure a lot of the mtb stuff will be over my head, especially since I sold all of my race bikes...oh well, I can't afford the injuries anymore! Now if they have a slalom course I'm all over it!

CunningStunt

Chimp
Mar 9, 2005
Orange County, CA
I will try to explain this one more ****ing time. On the parcel of land the Oakley building is on, the track is for motocross use by employees and their families, though I'm not sure how they will enforce it or how the zoning laws allow it. As this course is designed for motorized vehicles, there are uphills so good luck if you want to ride it.

The jump/drop area known as Oakley is not on the same parcel as the Oakley building but in the same general vicinity. If you want to ride there if it has been rebuilt, don't be obvious about what you're doing. There was a slalom course off of Pittsford that was dozed for an apartment complex. There are possibilities for digging in the area but longevity may be questionable.

Homey

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The O.C.
I will try to explain this one more ****ing time. On the parcel of land the Oakley building is on, the track is for motocross use by employees and their families, though I'm not sure how they will enforce it or how the zoning laws allow it. As this course is designed for motorized vehicles, there are uphills so good luck if you want to ride it.

The jump/drop area known as Oakley is not on the same parcel as the Oakley building but in the same general vicinity. If you want to ride there if it has been rebuilt, don't be obvious about what you're doing. There was a slalom course off of Pittsford that was dozed for an apartment complex. There are possibilities for digging in the area but longevity may be questionable.
Take it easy buddy! We're all on the same page...it's pretty obvious that the MX track is not for the public.

There is no possibility to dig in the area of Pittsford. There are too many people on 50's in that area that ruin the jumps before they are any good. There is a real slalom track in Irvine and there are some other places in Santa Margarita that are legit and don't get torn down every year.

Hey, frmbrandon, are you in the MX industry? I have some buddy's in the industry.

frmBrandon

Chimp
Jul 19, 2007
SoCal
ya dude my friend and i rode bikes from 10 miles away to see the track and we sttod at the helipd and walked around the track, went inside, blah, and after rode to all of the kickass factorys round there.. oakleys garbage can area is surrounded by a huuugee barbed wire fence with security cameras :/ lol

Homey

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The O.C.
When Oakley was in Irvine, we used to get glasses and parts out of the dumpster...now they have government contracts so the dumpsters and any parts in them are destroyed and guarded.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
When Oakley was in Irvine, we used to get glasses and parts out of the dumpster...now they have government contracts so the dumpsters and any parts in them are destroyed and guarded.
Man i catch you around my garbage can Im gonna give you an @$$ whooopin ya little scrounge! :D
Not really but my neighbor the OC sheriff would, he has issues!

BTW Helly hansen in redmond wa. apparently discarded stuff. Had a buddy get a couple of jackets that where pretty sweet. Never could bring myself to dig.

LMAO I was just thinking this is one heck of site to go from jumping/DH/FR etc to diggingg in vendors garbage cans. :thumb: Only in america.

Homey

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The O.C.
Man i catch you around my garbage can Im gonna give you an @$$ whooopin ya little scrounge! :D
Not really but my neighbor the OC sheriff would, he has issues!

BTW Helly hansen in redmond wa. apparently discarded stuff. Had a buddy get a couple of jackets that where pretty sweet. Never could bring myself to dig.

LMAO I was just thinking this is one heck of site to go from jumping/DH/FR etc to diggingg in vendors garbage cans. :thumb: Only in america.
There wasn't one kid in the OC that didn't know where that dumpster was! This was around the time that Blades came out and we all had multi-colored glasses from that dumpster...:busted: I was only about 12-13 when we went to Oakley, I really didn't know the concequences, plus those dumpsters only had plastic in them...not trash.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
There wasn't one kid in the OC that didn't know where that dumpster was! This was around the time that Blades came out and we all had multi-colored glasses from that dumpster...:busted: I was only about 12-13 when we went to Oakley, I really didn't know the concequences, plus those dumpsters only had plastic in them...not trash.
Isnt it funny though like ants kids will figure out these things, its like a little dumpster fight club.
They did jobe skis as well in redmond. :D