Quantcast

anyone spend some time on a manitou gold label?

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
I'm conflicted about this fork. One one hand, it has the travis lowers. on the other, it has the stance internals. How does it do for a dj/park fork? I'm thinking that the damping doesn't need to be superb for that kind of riding...I have a dj3 with the ssv right now and it gets me by. The price is right also. I'm also considering a pike, but it is about $100 more and doesn't come with cool white lowers:drool: :love: anyone?

face

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
northern utah
meh, it's fine but i would go for a pike if i could but i would most likely get whats cheapest and looks best too. but i cant hardly tell a deference between the gold label and dj3

Aug 14, 2005
New York
What bike is this for??

The pike is a fantastic fork. Stiff, stable, relatively light and adjustable travel for when u have yer jumping bike out and u see a huck that u have to hit.

Fox forx are amazing and amazingly expensive... if u have the money then it is the way to go.

Zocch's are a touch heavy and not adjustble.

Never rode a gold label though...

But everyone has their own opinion... thats just my best advice...

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
It'll be going on a black market riot (planning ahead:drool: ), and I don't want to put the super heavy dj on there. my buddy has a pike and loves it, but the pikes went up in price from last year

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
i have a sherman jumper on my DMR and a pike on my transition. on a couple of occasions, i had my pike on my hardtail, and i found it too soft for street use (thats my opinion, many, many people disagree) I loved it for everything, just not street. Im not an especially havy guy at about 200 lbs, but i t just never felt right when doing 180's and other things.

on the other hand, i love my sherman jumper.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i have 2 sherman jumpers and one gold lable. for this type of riding you dont need complex internals. set it stiff as possible and rally. love mine

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
another option would be a Z1 sport lowered to 100,80 or 65mm and tuned by Nemesis Project. It's lighter than the two forks you mentioned and feels better in my opinion. I went from a Sherman Jumper to this and I will not be going back to the jumper.

contact evil4bc at mac .com if your interested

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
That z.1 is pretty cool, I'll have to consider that as well. I think it'll just come down to which I can get for the best value; my team is sponsored by zocchi, I can get deals on pikes, and the gold label is just priced well. Leaning towards the pike, but we'll see:cool:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
That Z1 looks sick! I like the Pike a lot too. From my experiences with Manitou I'd never ride them. (Blown forks and shocks w/ bad customer service and cheap feeling products)

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
ufdff15 said:
another option would be a Z1 sport lowered to 100,80 or 65mm and tuned by Nemesis Project. It's lighter than the two forks you mentioned and feels better in my opinion. I went from a Sherman Jumper to this and I will not be going back to the jumper.

contact evil4bc at mac .com if your interested
Nice! :thumb:

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
If I were you guys, I get the Nemisis tuned Z1. I rode around on Brad's bike, and the fork feels perfect. They end up being really smooth, and just the right amount of stiffness for street/dirt. A lowered Z1 feels a lot better than any Manitou I've ridden.

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
scurban said:
If I were you guys, I get the Nemisis tuned Z1. I rode around on Brad's bike, and the fork feels perfect. They end up being really smooth, and just the right amount of stiffness for street/dirt. A lowered Z1 feels a lot better than any Manitou I've ridden.
I would have to agree with you.