Quantcast

anyone sport Oakley Gascans?

J

JRB

DRB said:
Somebody staple them to your head? That's the only reason that makes sense to me.
:stupid:

However, I would question as to whether or not skaredsh*thead has ever done anything for fashion reasons. :think:

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
the Inbred said:
i'm not too worried about them sliding down or anything. grip issues are solved with my HJs. i wish the white frame came with the amber lens. or the amber polarized lens was in the matte black frame.
go with the polarized. its supposedly better for your eyes but it makes things look cool and you can see through certain tinted windows

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Hehehehehehe.

No - I did it because I was climbing on a glacier. Those side shields come in really handy. :thumb:
I'll wait with baited breathe to see if you can pull off the functionality argument that BS is trying to use for the Aztec. Admit the glacier glasses sucked, and move on.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
loco said:
I'll wait with baited breathe to see if you can pull off the functionality argument that BS is trying to use for the Aztec. Admit the glacier glasses sucked, and move on.
No way! I bought them before a climb of Mount Rainier and was too cheap to buy stylish sunglasses. :D

My cycling glasses until quite recently have been old Smith Moabs. Very unstylish.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
SkaredShtles said:
No way! I bought them before a climb of Mount Rainier and was too cheap to buy stylish sunglasses. :D

My cycling glasses until quite recently have been old Smith Moabs. Very unstylish.
Speaking of glaciers does anyone remember Glacier Bay beer that had the opener molded into the bottom of the bottle.

J

JRB

DRB said:
Speaking of glaciers does anyone remember Glacier Bay beer that had the opener molded into the bottom of the bottle.
I'll bet the people that just had one beer thought this was a great idea. :banghead:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
lovebunny said:
not the same ones. remember those got eaten by a dog. and they were in my pathfinder when it got wrecked and my mom didnt get em out. she felt bad so she bought me a new pair for xmas:trophy_br

Touche good man.

I just picked up a set of these:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
ok, last question...does anyone know for a fact whether Oakley's ever come with a white pouch/ bag/ whatever? especially their goggles.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
the Inbred said:
ok, last question...does anyone know for a fact whether Oakley's ever come with a white pouch/ bag/ whatever? especially their goggles.
Goggles do, it's black.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Acadian said:
you mean goggles comes in a white bag

sunglasses come in a black microfiber one.
My goggles all came in jumbo sized black microfiber bags.

All of my glasses came in the bag as well as various vaults depending on model. Even my race jackets came in the big ass lunchbox thing. This may be because they are RX tho.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
mine came in a white one. i got them used off Craigslist. i always wondered if they were real or not. i sold them as "i don't know if they're legit or not. i got them cheap, and now you can, too." ended up getting back what i paid for them.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
I have what...like 10 pair of Oakley Goggles! and the ALL came in white bags. SO I assume they all came in white bags :)

But like you pointed out Fraser - if you get RX or with iridium lens (mine all have clear lenses) they might come in the microfiber bag.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
ok, well, i went to O Store today with the girlfriend. tried on Spikes, Gascans, and Crosshairs. Spikes were god awful. Mandi really liked how the Gascans fit me, and i liked the Crosshairs. i will be going with Crosshairs. now i just have to decide if i want polarized or non (i love the Ducati version...silver/ red...nice).

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
I've found the polarized to be worth the extra bit of $. I don't know how they do it but the way they cut down on light makes them good for almost everything I do. From biking at noon to ripping around on my motorbike at night, they are pretty decent. I tried riding my motorbike with the non-polarized lenses in my other MonsterDoggles, and it was a struggle to see clearly.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
went non-polarized. with the money saved, and my jar of quarters, i should be able to snatch up some poarized lenses for my HJs. unless the polarized lenses won't fit, in which case i'll be SOL.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
POlarization blocks reflected light of a certain wavelength. It will block light reflected 90 degs from water, roads and glass...but not metal. It will also cut down on glare on windshields which is why motorsports photographers use a polarizing filter...so they can see the drivers face through the windshield.