Quantcast

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That's where I'm leaning, but with increased commute cost, I want to keep out monthly outlay for housing/commute as flat as possible. Porbably not moving until Sept/Oct though, and that's when my annual review is... so things might change.
If you need a roommate, Blue is looking for a place...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
If I was in New York, maybe.

In California? No fvcking way. You will get bent over a tire by the legal system for trespassing. There are reasons why there are no established squats here.

I agree with squatting completely if it's done in an otherwise abandoned building and it's set up right. (some of the nicest / homiest places I've ever stayed were in squats).

Done wrong - hell on earth.

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
You stay out of my utility tunnels!

A few years back we found a reading lamp, recliner, blankets, and a toaster oven in an abandoned transformer vault off of our main utility tunnel. Looked like someone (student?) had been living there for a couple of months. :crazy:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Blue, as I mentioned in my PM, let me know if I can help out anyway.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
If you can't type, squat and wipe all at the same time. Maybe for some extra cash you could become a butt wipier. Its like a butt wiper only fancier.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
I've got enough for a room, but I'm trying to save money for a deposit on an apartment or house with a friend in the fall - that ain't cheap 'round these parts.
It is California. While I was renting I could barely afford anything.

The cities you want to live in may be to expensive for you right now. Maybe wait until you finish school? Until you have more income?

You still with Caroline or whatever her name was?

Last edited:

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
If was me, you know I would say Orinda. My Norcal HS team I coach is in Orinda, and I have a lot of fondness for the place. Mostly, there is no big city BS, but people there are not very snotty, knowing that Oakland is on the other side of the hill. And I have 3 poaches to the Oakland Hills so you never have to step into a car to ride.

I think the biggest thing period is BART. Get on the Orinda BART station, be in the city in 25 minutes. How can you beat that?
Orinda is really nice. Walnut Creek, Lafayette, and some parts of Pleasant Hill are also very nice. If you have the money, check out San Ramon & Diablo.

I miss that part of the Bay Area.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You know that at public places where they expect tourists there's usually a normal crapper at the end, right? :huh:

Have been going over there for 5 years and still haven't had to use one of those (knock on wood...........).
Tell that to the people in Shenzhen.
I was only in China one day at a time. I just held it until I got back to Hong Kong.