Quantcast

Anyone stocking 450x2.75 ti springs for Elka?

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
I can't seem to find anyone that has the 450lb x 2.75" ti springs to fit elka/many others. I've tried RCS, Obtanium, Diverse and I think one other so far.

I need to move up from my 400in/lb steel spring, and was hoping to get a spring before this coming weekend, as I'm upping the rate in my fork as well. I've started to use way too much compression damping as I've gotten faster and my suspension has started spiking. Going to a Green Ti in the 40 (makes sense as I'm ~190lbs) because I finally found one for a reasonable price.

If you have a 450lbx2.75 steel spring you'd let go of, let me know as well. Would be good to have a proper setup regardless of Titanium.

Last edited:

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
how about a new pedal? :D
cheeky bastard :rofl:

stuff should be here this week to rebuild it, Dark Cycles was awesome about it and they're covering the parts at no cost. I'm also ordering a bunch of spare parts (which are very reasonably priced) in case this happens again. :thumb:

how's the "Saftey Wire" on your rebound damper? ;)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
cheeky bastard :rofl:

stuff should be here this week to rebuild it, Dark Cycles was awesome about it and they're covering the parts at no cost. I'm also ordering a bunch of spare parts (which are very reasonably priced) in case this happens again. :thumb:

how's the "Saftey Wire" on your rebound damper? ;)
safe!

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
so, FYI:

DSP (Diverse Suspension Products) DOES have the 450's in stock, just a little bit behind on their online inventory reporting. They even put the spring in Priority mail for me so it would arrive here in time for the race this weekend.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
so, FYI:

DSP (Diverse Suspension Products) DOES have the 450's in stock, just a little bit behind on their online inventory reporting. They even put the spring in Priority mail for me so it would arrive here in time for the race this weekend.
ya fix yer glow plugs yet?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
did you actually get a hold of someone at Obtanium?? been trying them since January with no call-backs, no return emails and their site hasnt had stock in 1 year

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
What do you need? I will see if I can pass it on.
its okay, they lost my business months ago after ZER0 contact every several months. guess they are too busy supplying the pros. bought my springs from a company that knows what a email or phone is. thanks DSP!