Quantcast

Anyone take a Methylcholine Challege before? For asthma?

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Toshi I'm looking at you! Well I just been told my job offer with my dream department is now on hold because I have trouble breathing at times when I'm sleeping but never when awake, that I take albuterol for. NFPA standards say that a person cannon be a firefighter if they have asthma. Technically I've never been diagnosed with asthma but I've always put it down on my medical history so i pretty muched effed myself. Anyways the doctor ordered up a methylcholine challenge to determine if i really have asthma or if its some kind of allergy.

Anyone got experience with this? Looked it up online and its a whole lot of medical speak that I don't comprende.

Actually its spelled methacholine challenge

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I've had something like that, not sure if it was exactly the same but if it is then it sucks. Basically you are given medicine that gives you asthma and then you do a lung function test. I just about bloody died as it was far worse than the worst "natural" asthma attack I'd ever had.
Though I still have asthma I've used Pulmicort twice daily for the last 14 years so I virtually never have symptoms.

kuksul08

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
I cant comment on that particular thing, but depending on your age, it's very likely allergies.

I used to have asthma pretty bad and now it's turned into allergies pretty much. I only need albuterol once a week maybe or even less.

Also your breathing issues may be due to a magnesium deficiency. Look into it. It helped me out significantly.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I've had something like that, not sure if it was exactly the same but if it is then it sucks. Basically you are given medicine that gives you asthma and then you do a lung function test. I just about bloody died as it was far worse than the worst "natural" asthma attack I'd ever had.
Though I still have asthma I've used Pulmicort twice daily for the last 14 years so I virtually never have symptoms.

Yeah sounds like the same thing. They give me a inhalant that causes bronchialconstriction.

BigT

Chimp
I've had it done. And Failed. They try to induce any bronchiospasm. They do it 5 times. Each one is a different strength in increasing dosages. So they can to find out how senative your asthma is. I only go to level 3 out of 5.

Asthma and allergies go hand-in-hand. People usually don't have one without the other.