Quantcast

Anyone trade stocks online?

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
I need to start investing some of my money and want to open an accont but theres so many online brokers. Anyone trade over the intraweb? Good ones? Gougers?

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
pixelninja said:
I heard that day trading is all the rage.
weeeeee! :dancing:
no, seriously. i do hear that people do trade stocks, and there is this thing called the intraweb and it is possible to combine the two.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Stock market is not doing real well, if you still want to go for it. Bio-tech is probably the way to go. Invest in the stem cell companies if you want to play the game. However don't play with stocks unless you have money to play with. You can always stay conservative and put your money in a interest maximizer or CD.

I used to be a broker and now trade for myself.
My advice to you is to use Interactivebrokers.com as the commisions are only .01 per share which is about as good as it gets.
I'm mainly a technical trader meaning i use charting software versus a fundamental trader who uses balance sheets, quarterly earnings etc..

If you don't have a firm grasp on what your doing then don't.
I hate to say it but you can't go wrong with real estate even now.

Pm me if you need more info.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
LOOnatic said:
I used to be a broker and now trade for myself.
Really? I can't picture you in a suit and tie :p

LOOnatic said:
My advice to you is to use nteractivebrokers.com as the commisions are only .01 per share which is about as good as it gets.
.01 cents per share? That's still kinda of expensive...With Scottrade, the trade is $7 no matter the quantity unless the shares are less than a dollar.

LOOnatic said:
I'm mainly a technical trader meaning i use charting software versus a fundamental trader who uses balance sheets, quarterly earnings etc..
Balance sheet? What is that? The MACD is your friend... :D